Garage Gyms

i have my gym crap in a 2-car garage. i only have 1 car. so i have enough room for an elliptical and a punching bag and a matt for sit ups/push ups and resting. i use an ipad with amazon prime on the elliptical for entertainment, im thinking of adding my echo, cuz the handless voice commands and the sounds that come out of it are amazing. like destroyer said. it saves you a lot of time. driving to and from the gym plus you can shower at ur own house. you have privacy so you dont have to get ready. i prolly save 30 min a day altogether. i work out twice a day around 4 am then around 6pm for 2 hrs cumulatively due to the convenience. no worrries on clean up. sweat hits pavement. plus i dont have to worry about other ppl’s dirty shit.

No, I mean the regular fat/skinny thing. I think you have a cage though, I can’t afford the space of a cage so I am going for a squat rack instead. I hate to bolt it down as I don’t have the gear for such a task.

what size thickness mat did you get?

^ The 4’ X 6’ X 3/4" will take anything you throw at them without so much as a chip in your concrete floor. Get a bunch and tile them together to fit your available space.

Onnit is just marketing IMO

Al Gore invented this Internet thing in the 90s hey, you should check it out.

Bump this.

I’ve moved forward with a home gym -my third bedroom instead of garage - and have already install a squat rack / pull up bar and just bought an aerodyne bike. next on my list are saftey squat bar, squat chains, and a bamboo stick. Anyone have an opinion on any of the items on my “to buy” list?

Don’t know the purpose of squat chains.

I’m a big fan of safety squat bars.

I would skip the bamboo stick and move straight to the Copper Sword.

What’s a bamboo stick?? You are missing a foam roller

no chalk stand? do you even lift bro?

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-freestanding-chalk-stand?prod_id=28355&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8Kv08M6B1QIVjEsNCh3TyQq-EAQYAiABEgJloPD_BwE

Greenie - squat chains are used to build explosiveness on your ascend.

KR - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AHCpJecV2U). i think foam rollers are obsolete

CW - no chalk stand but i have plenty of chalk

I assume you have already installed floor to ceiling mirrors in which to admire yourself.

i once heard that ‘explosiveness’ as measured by standing vertical jump is only +/- 5% trainable. It’s almost entirely genetic.

Get a PRX rack like they had on shark tank

Obsolete in what sense? They come up with something else that releases muscle tightness?

foam rollers are to break up the cartilage build up - they have been proven not to do this.

Huh? Whatever foam rollers do, I am pretty sure they don’t break up “cartilage”. In fact, if the rollers are destroying your cartilage, you probably don’t want to use those…

Maybe install a big TV there for your cardio sessions. Once, my wife went for a long workout, and I asked her if she did something extra. Turns out she was watching “The Mummy” on the gym TV.

^ My bad **scar tissue**

TV is a good idea for the future

thats step 1

Sarcastic Mister know it all