Garage Gyms

Philo Farnsworth said the same thing.

that would be pretty sweet. Imagine working out naked with wall to wall mirrors while admiring your fit body

Patrick Bateman’s ultimate fantasy

“Sussudio” is a must for the gym playlist.

I’m seriously considering this for when I move back to the motherland and have some bloody space in my hoose.

Has anyone found any difference to their motivation due to the limitations relative to a fully kitted out gym?

Yep. I finally ponied up and got a nice gym membership near work. I have a break even point (14) I try to hit every month, have hit it or exceeded 3/3 months. I’ve lost about 12 lbs since joining, about 10 til my optimal weight. I enjoy the social aspect and the full workout and locker facilities. Convenience is also like 60% of it.

^nice, do you try to pick up chicks at the gym. just curious. never got a gym membership.

^ There is definitely a lot of talent. It’s a business professionals gym and our Street is not big so I tread carefully.

I use mine maybe twice a week now coupled with my mma gym & corp gym. I tend to be more motivated since there are no distractions (love lulu pants but goddamn are they distracting). I also blast my heat/music which i like compared with corp gyms which blast the ac. the obvious limitations is lack of full equipment (need to get some kettlebells/dumbells) and i need to be more careful - not going to be deading or dropping weights.

http://www.roguefitness.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/rogue_header_2015/640x/472321edac810f9b2465a359d8cdc0b5/n/e/new-stall-bars-h2.jpg

We just got a brand new one like this at the rig. Love it!

Is the rig where you train trapeze?

Yes. Now that we have a permanent indoors location, they finally got us some conditioning equipment

Having a garage gym is one of the only reasons I am somewhat enticed to the suburbs. Just something like this:

Or, if I had a nice backyard get the whole rig going. That would be incredible. I could just bring the bar inside and use cheap weights. Love lifting outside.

man I really liked these pants, but now I have to change them. amazing.

That garage is bigger than my whole apartment lol

^ That’s why I say suburbs. I grew up where we had a barn that is 20x the square footage of my current row house. For me to use a garage gym now, I’d need to buy a lot for like $50k…not NYC prices but not really cost effective as a gym solution…

If only i had this room. My room will only fit a squat rack, aerodyne bike, and some kettlebells. It’ll serve its purpose but the above would be a dream

I second the outdoor lifting - i have a small back yard that will have atlas stones (my absolute favorite exercise), a big tire, and farmers carry.

yo WYG, you heard from BS lately?

just on fb - i know he’s alive