House of Cards

Yeah I’ve only watched the first 2 episodes. I’m going to go be somewhat social this afternoon otherwise I’d be a total shut in this weekend.

This third season doesn’t seem to be as absurd as the second from what I’ve seen so far, in terms of what happens. Seems they brought it back in a bit. Season 2 plot really did push it a little close to the extreme

I’m done with all S3 episodes. I fought hard to be able to go home and study for L2 exams but friends locked me in and made me watch it in 2 parts.

Beers pizza crisps women and some poker on the side

never binge-watched anything like this before

does anyone die/?

*****SPOILER POST*******

^Rachel Posner in the last episode.

I also quite liked their depiction of US-Russia relationship

^

Dude! Are you funnying me? Spoiler it man.

Just saw the first episode, need something to do till April (GoT time). Looks decent.

Just finsihed episode 3. Surprise cameo from Pussy Riot.

I finished watching, it was meh. ok, no spoilers here:

it got really slow and dull mid season, as if they were dragging out scenes that added no value just to drag out 13 episodes

and claire getting all upset didn’t make any sense at all. It’s almost as if they suddenly just made her that way just to throw more spice on it and keep you interested for next season. frank was always the whip, frank was always president, wow really? is that a surprise? Claire, you gave up your clean water job, no? my god woman.

nowhere near as good as season 1 or 2. If I never saw the first two seasons and I just watched season 3, I’d probably say it sucked.

Well I agree this season was slower, but it seems they are trying to develop the characters a little more as the walls start falling in. I think the set up for a next season was great, but the plot was much more subtle than the prior two seasons. I think part of it may be that he is now President but that limits his form of power in many regards. I thought the Russian president was hillarious

Through E3 of S3 and liking it so far. Didn’t appreciate the spoiler earlier in this thread.

ok guys I added a spoiler post warning to that one. hopefully no one else gets their HoC watching experience ruined.

^ Thanks. Kind of expected that was going to happen at some point, so not that big of a deal.

itera/higgmond - Sorry guys I thought if someone asks you something specifically (like igor did) it’s ok to answer. Will keep in mind.

^ No worries. Spoil something from The Walking Dead though and you’ll wish the zombie apocalypse was upon us.

^Haha - only if I watched The Walking Dead. Not a big tv guy :slight_smile:

My job involves staring at 6 screens all day long, last thing I want to do is to find another one when I get home…!

Bingewatching now. Argh…

used to date the asian reporter chick on show in white house press room - she looked better 10 years ago when we dated though lol

Ok, watched it all.

Season 3 wasn’t bad, though it wasn’t as good as Season 1 and 2. If you started in Season 3, I can see one might not make it through to the end.

The Russian president kinda stole the show, I thought. The scenes he was in were among the best.

Ironic that the first time I ever saw Nadia Tolokonnikova was on House of Cards, and it was on the same day that she was shot dead in Russia. It was like truth imitates fiction.

^ Since when is Nadia Tolokonnikova dead?