House of Cards

Aha, looks like I was fooled by a fake trope.

Here is an article that shows I didn’t invent it on my own: http://chronicle.su/2015/03/03/pussy-riot-activist-nadia-tolokonnikova-shot-dead/

It does look like the other articles that reported this have been taken down. There were a bunch of them yesterday.

season 3 was OK. seasons 1 and 2 were significantly better. still good tv overall though.

Okay , If someone can break down Claire Underwoods character it would be really interesting because the last 2 episodes were completely baffling and at odds of how they built her up. This show had the potential to be an all time classic if they had kept it short and crisp but it looks like the writers have been told to milk this cash cow.

Ok this series is boring, and I want to punch Kevin Spacey in the face after listening to that ridiculous accent.

S1: Awesome

S2: Awesome, but too many wtf moments

S3: Poor. I agree with Itera, if I was not a fan in the first place, i would not have finished it.

Bring out the big boys now: GoT and Louie

agree. it’s like they knew this season was blah and they had to make up some radical twist to keep you interested for the next. it’s not Claire’s character at all.

As a comparison in Season 1, the first two episodes contained enough content to fit like 5 episodes of season 3

Season 4 out tomorrow bros. It cant get any worse than Season 3, or can it?

I still need to finish Season 1.

If you’ve seen the Brit version, you probably have an idea how it ends. It just takes longer.

Of course, they may not follow the Brit version too closely.

I went to Costco last night to marinate 2 racks of ribs so I could eat them while watching season 4 this weekend.

Watching this is all I plan to do tonight.

In season 4 one of the themes is a russian led oil price spike to 5$ per gallon. What reality were the writers living in? So far I’m disappointed as fck in season 4! I could care less about the first lady.

White hipsters as ISIS? Give me a break - holy PC Batman!

just finished season 4. overall, I liked it better than 3, more twists and turns, was definitely faster paced

*some spoilers*

but yes the 2 white southern dudes as ISIS was weird , writers probably wanting to avoid any “racist labels” by using middle eastern actors

flaws though, I don’t see why jacky and remy both turned on francis, walker kind of makes sense (party turned its back on him), but the former 2 are still heavily in the mix and they’re killing off themselves politically.

and apparently just like prior seasons, you got to kill off someone… but I don’t think it was really in Lucas to shoot francis in front of that crowd. maybe it was the butt rape that finally took away his will to live? and he was violated over the borrowing of a car?? what…

I’m about halfway done through the season (episode 7), but I really enjoyed the Underwoods’ arc in the first half.

It’s interesting that this season, Claire becomes even more on the forefront than ever, especially after episode 4 when she’s forced to take the reins. Claire continues to be completely enigmatic four seasons in, and I never quite have a handle on who she is. I half expect her to rip off her human mask and reveal the lizard person underneath.

I think it’s a testament to Robin Wright’s acting. She makes what could’ve been a tiresome character into someone intriguing and mysterious, which is hard to do for a main character 4 seasons in. For me, this redeemed the clumsiness of her arc last year, where none of her motivations made sense and it didn’t make for compelling drama.

@itera: I think he snapped after his meeting with Heather Dunbar, not after the car scene. Which I wouldn’t necessarily call a “rape”. He was heavily pressured into it, but he could’ve just left…

Neve Campbell is hot

So far I’m liking Season 4 much more than season 3. I’m a few episodes from the end. Reminds me more of Season 1/2

Rotten tomatoes rated season 4 the highest. Just watched 1st episode but that first scene is just disturbing

Season 4 ended with a whimper.very disappointed and don’t think I can go through another season. Was great from like episodes 4-9 though

Season 5 just hit