How much ALCOHOL do you drink

www. aa.org

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201010/why-intelligent-people-drink-more-alcohol

I used to drink like a suicidal Russian most weekends, until I got this idea of getting a full liver and heart check up. I freaked out a little bit when I saw that my liver function was right on the lower normal limit, and one or two other indicators were way off. Now I drink like two or three drinks a week on average, and binge on my birthday and maybe other three times a year or so.

Real test is during the football season though. Those days of being sh!tfaced by the first quarter of the 1pm game are gone, unfortunately.

Ooh, I recognize the SPSS output style. Brings back memories…

Live on west coast and you are pie-eyed by 10:30 a.m. Nice.

On weekdays, barely any drinking. Occasional glass of wine. Cut out beer altogether. On the weekends, i’m usually drinking heavy to offset the long week. Which means multiple (>5) whiskeys on the rocks or with ginger ale. Throw in some tequila shots and that gets me around the streets of Chicago. Gone are the days of blacking out on stroh rum.

Probably 7-10 beers a week.

Sometimes I’ll substitute a couple of those for a glass of scotch (weeknight) or bloody mary (sunday brunch).

Alcoholism is more about your behavior when drinking than how much you drank (not that a case over three days is anything close to a lot for an alcoholic). If your drinking has a systemic negative impact on you or people you care about, you’re an alcoholic. Simple as that.

Average of 3 drinks per night when I am out… Typically once or twice a week.

Occasional glass of wine at work event.

For about 3 years, my drinking habbits were as follows:

~ 2 beers ~ 2 times a week. This is the default mode.

When I go to a club, it’s whisky, mainly unlim, until I feel good. Varies around 5 - 10 whiskys.

Such parties happen relatively rarely (once-twice a month max).

2 drinks of Jack & coke on weekend!

One of my go to!

For more special occasions

Oban neat, water back

Not as common so will often fall back to Macallan 18.

Oban is cheaper and tastes better imo.

Nice! That’s what I call a productive weekend. A Sunday without a bottle of champagne worth of mimosas isn’t a good Sunday during the summer. Though it can potentially leave you with a hell of a headache.

Whenever I go out sarging, which is mostly in summer. I skip the drunk phase. I go straight from sober to hungover.

Wheres that guy who came on here shifaced posting racial slurs and stuff? ended up coming on a couple days later an explaining he woke up in his own vomit and is sorry for posting the stuff lol.

A lot.

Damn Lockheed fell off the wagon. I stayed on for a month like I promised. Probably should do that again.

no AF > no alcohol > no fapping.

Almost never drink, went 3-4 years without drinking any alcohol. Now ocassional beer (only social)

This… Same with me too. Normally dont drink, but when I drink I drink so that I dont get up from bed for the next 10 hours :slight_smile: Fav drink are Malibu Rum and Espresso Vodka!

I’m surprised to see so many people who drink so little.