How much sleep do you get?

Agree with original post. Feel real tired after prolonged periods of less than 7.5-8 hours. Wish I could operate consistently on less.

Usually 5-6. Quality varies. It catches up to me. . . sometimes I’ll eat dinner and outright crash at 7 or 8 PM after work. I do this every two or three weeks.

6 hours during the week and 10 hours on weekends. I crash on the bus on the way to work and the way back.

I love sleep. I’m probably one of the younger ones on the board but I need 8ish. Seems most people do much less. Does anyone do 6 or less without an caffeine or energy supplement daily?

I’d love to get 7.5-8 hrs a night. For me that’s the perfect amount of sleep where my body will wake itself up and feel good to go. I probably average 6.0 during the week though and 10 hrs on the weekend when I can. If it wasn’t for AF I’d probably get an extra half hour.

I would have been in bed 30 minutes ago, but I’m enjoying a new wine and couldn’t bring myself to pour out half of my second glass. For any red wine drinkers out there I browsed my stash while studying and pulled out a funny looking bottle called ‘Red Truck - 2006 California Red Wine’. Someone must have left it here because I hadn’t heard of it, but to my surprise it was delightful! (granted I am not a wine connoisseur) A quick google search revealed that it costs under $10. So for any unemployed CFA Candidates or anyone looking to get their drink on with a completely not bad inexpensive red, you should give it a go.

Quick, someone do a distribution of this. Fascinating stuff.

I have a conference call at 2pm, so if I go to sleep now I can get a solid 11 hours in.

these days 6-8 weekdays, 7-9 weekends… i really wish i could operate on less sleep hours so I could have given more time to studies :-s

I am struggling with too little sleep for more than 2 years now. Because of our two small kids there is hardly a night when I don’t wake up. My wife gets up to feed the little one, but I still hear it and it interrupts my sleep. A repeatedly occuring glimmer of hope that I could sleep a little longer on weekends practically never becomes true. I would be a complete basket case by now, if I hadn’t found this solution (works for me, must not necessarily help everybody): Normal weekdays, I get 6-7 hours of sleep, but as mentioned always interrupted. However, on Wednesdays, I force myself to go to bed at 9 pm. Usually that makes Thursday one of the better days during the week. Btw, I get up at 6 - 6.30. At work, I try to find three to four 5 min breaks where I relax and breathe deeply. That helps much better than it may sound, and I don’t think I could work as efficiently as I do without these small breaks and that deep breathing. I am still too tired for my taste, but as of yet I haven’t found anything better.

About 6 hours on the weekdays and 8/10 on the weekends… I wouldn’t be able to think of my own name if I got less than that!

karenc how old are you?

22… why?

Wow! What do you do for a living? Are you single?

Ha don’t usually get a wow for my age - aren’t most people here in their early twenties, given the who are we post… Ususally get the intrigue for location - Dublin! :slight_smile:

Ahh, im over in Copenhagen, not far! Are yee a weee irish lass then?

Haha yeah Irish and female… the only people I know doign the CFA in the IFSC are from Italy/England and going back home for the exam…! Probably end up being 20 people there for the Dub exam! :slight_smile:

Are you still studying or are you working?

Ah finished the Bcomm a good while ago - have been working in banking in the IFSC for over a year and a half now. What age are you/working?

6 every night, except I usually sleep in until 8ish on saturday and grab an extra 2-3 hours.