I have failed

First time taking L2 and placed in Band 10. Committed 3.5 months of studying. Don’t plan on retab since I know my scantron was clean for the most part. I will definitely retake in 2012, question is when I pick up the books again. 6/2012 is a long time away and if I start too soon, I risk burning out. If I start late, I risk starting over from scratch.

I’m done with CFA. The thought of studying +200 hours and failing again deters me from taking the exam again. I guess I don’t want it that bad after all. Good luck all!

Failed band 6. SUCKS =P I studied my BUTT off and I thought I would pass… But CFA god was not shining on me today… I guess better luck next year. I just can’t imagine reading the whole material AGAIN…

Failed band 8. If I had a gun in my desk drawer I would have killed myself by now. This is the lowest I’ve felt in a long time. Not sure whether I’ll continue with life or the CFA at this point.

Cleo, hang in there, sun will come up tomorrow. Study hard again and i’d bet you pass next June. I’m in the same boat.

Don’t be so dramatic; I failed last year, and I was none too happy about it, but I carried on living my life. then when study season came round again, I studied and managed to pass. A wise man named Joe Dirt once said “you just gotta keep on keepin on”

MissCleo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Failed band 8. If I had a gun in my desk drawer I > would have killed myself by now. This is the > lowest I’ve felt in a long time. Not sure whether > I’ll continue with life or the CFA at this point. Miss Cleo mon, you have to rededicate yourself mon to the art of studying mon. No more 1-900 scamming mon. This is the real deal Peter Tosh mon. May Jah Rastafi bless you on your path.

MissCleo, cheer up. Do not think this way. An exam, especially one that is as arbitrarily and ambigously graded as the CFA should not have this much meaning in your life. Just think, when you are 70 years old are you really going to think, “man If only I had passed CFA level II”?. If the anser is yes, than I suggest you seriously reevaluate your life, becuase there is so much more to it. If you are not in the indutry, the CFA will not help you get in anyway 99% of the time, only networking/MBA can help here. If you are in the industry, its not going to make you the next George Soros. In the scheme of things none of this sh*t matters. You move up in life by meeting exceptional people or being exceptional, not by passing an exam.

I mean I’m in the industry, and yes it does mean that much. I’ve messed up huge here by not passing. I’m just going to drink myself into a coma the second I get off work, and try not to wake up.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MissCleo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Failed band 8. If I had a gun in my desk drawer > I > > would have killed myself by now. This is the > > lowest I’ve felt in a long time. Not sure > whether > > I’ll continue with life or the CFA at this > point. > > > Miss Cleo mon, you have to rededicate yourself mon > to the art of studying mon. No more 1-900 scamming > mon. This is the real deal Peter Tosh mon. May Jah > Rastafi bless you on your path. wake u imp im jamaican and i loled (btw it Jah Rastafari) …miss cleo hold ur head life is much more than an exam and this too will pass …take ur time mourn and then see where ur head is at

Cleo take a couple of days to mourn your efforts but then get on with it to kick ass in 2012. I don’t take failure well at all so this sucks pretty bad. Nor do I like it when people say “20 years from now this won’t matter”. It matters now, so it’s important to me. And a crushed ego is never a pleasant thing to deal with. However, a close friend’s father tragically and unexpectedly passed away in May and that’s putting things into perspective. Being at that funeral I saw real grief and devastation. I’m trying not whine too much about my band 8. I failed, it happened, but I’m alive and well to retake it again.

I was Band 6 last year. I am in the industry. It sucked, as I never failed anything before. I started studying again in November. You go through the material MUCH QUICKER THE SECOND TIME AROUND, and it is not nearly as painful studying for it. I passed with flying colors this year. Yes, this exam is a big deal for those in the industry, but alot of guys I know failed at least one level at least once. They are all charterholders now. Take a 1-3 months completely off. Refresh. If this is how you deal with failure (wanting to kill yourself), you’ll never get anywhere (literally, when you’re dead it’s hard to move)…

Has anyone gone postal in a CFA exam? Surprised no one has taken an AK to a test before. A CFAI approved, HP AK 47 that is

PistolPt, if I give it all I have next time and fail, I will kill myself flat out. That means I’m no where near intelligent enough to lead a life worth living.

I feel for you MissCleo…but dont give up! Being in the industry and performing well at your tasks are much more important than the designation itself which you will nail next time round!! Af Group Hug!

^ 8 analyst guys and one girl… sounds like the begining of a nerd themed bukaki pr0n

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW…W

MissCleo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PistolPt, if I give it all I have next time and > fail, I will kill myself flat out. That means I’m > no where near intelligent enough to lead a life > worth living. nowhere is one word. and kill the drama please, not yourself.

Failed Band 10 it feels like i was cheated out of a pass by CFA institute …want to go for a retab but dont know if i shd …so close yet so far :frowning:

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ 8 analyst guys and one girl… sounds like the > begining of a nerd themed bukaki pr0n 2 girls.