I have failed

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MissCleo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > PistolPt, if I give it all I have next time and > > fail, I will kill myself flat out. That means > I’m > > no where near intelligent enough to lead a life > > worth living. > > > nowhere is one word. and kill the drama please, > not yourself. HA! +1 So what do you say to everyone else in the world (the majority) who aren’t smart enough to pass this test? I suppose they are “nowhere near intelligent enough to lead a life worth living”, if they can’t pass this exam either, right? 5.99 Billion people - GONE! Someone said on this forum last year that this is a designation that they want. They are gonna be in the industry for 30 years or so, so time was not an issue. They were simply going to get it. That was it. They’d failed twice and didn’t bat an eye. Signed up immediately for the next sitting. Showed determination and character. I give myself 3 tries per exam. If I truly worked my butt of and couldn’t do it after 3 tries, then it’s not for me - I’ll have reached my limit, and I’m ok with that. I know I can’t be a doctor cause I can’t deal with needles. I know I can’t be a chemist because I’m bad at chemistry, etc. doesn’t mean I’m a freggin failure. Need to check yo life priorities woman…

Ruby527 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > magicskyfairy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^ 8 analyst guys and one girl… sounds like > the > > begining of a nerd themed bukaki pr0n > > > 2 girls. 1 cup?

I dont think we should give the drama queen any more sympathy. Its a frickin scantron test for christ sakes. Get over it. There are much more important things in life than being able to regurgitate FCFF equations.

MissCleo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Failed band 8. If I had a gun in my desk drawer I > would have killed myself by now. This is the > lowest I’ve felt in a long time. Not sure whether > I’ll continue with life or the CFA at this point. WOW relax its just an exam!!!

MissCleo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PistolPt, if I give it all I have next time and > fail, I will kill myself flat out. That means I’m > no where near intelligent enough to lead a life > worth living. agreed

+1

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ruby527 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > magicskyfairy Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > ^ 8 analyst guys and one girl… sounds like > > the > > > begining of a nerd themed bukaki pr0n > > > > > > 2 girls. > > > 1 cup? Maybe! If Cleo’s up for it…

@pimpineasy Why you studyin CFA? Let your hoes make the money for you!

I failed band 4; first time

Failed band 7, 1st attempt but no regrets. I expected a band 9-10 though. Totally relying on Schweser Videos and Schweser practice tests was a huge gamble that didn’t paid off this time. I should have opened the books :(. This is behind me now. I will start FRM Part 2 prep starting tomorrow. This is another beast. Good luck to all of you for the next exam. - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 * - - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

MissCleo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PistolPt, if I give it all I have next time and > fail, I will kill myself flat out. That means I’m > no where near intelligent enough to lead a life > worth living. Hey MissCleo I know it feels like this is a reflection on you and your intelligence but it is not. It really isn’t… That CPK guy failed the first time so I think everybody who knows this exam and isn’t a dick-head would agree that luck plays a huge part. At least this isn’t the Olympics - we only have to wait one year to try again and our embarrassment isn’t televised to the whole world. Every year at least half the candidates go through what you are feeling. It’s ok to be angry because the process isn’t fair but there is absolutely nothing stopping you coming back next year and hitting it out of the park like so many have done before. All the best.

I just failed with a Band 10 for the second year in a row. Needless to say, I’m agitated. Beat that.

michael_diamond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just failed with a Band 10 for the second year > in a row. Needless to say, I’m agitated. Beat > that. well played. sorry bro.

michael diamond you win, how you aren’t shooting up wherever you work right now I don’t know.

Ruby527 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > magicskyfairy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Ruby527 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > magicskyfairy Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > ^ 8 analyst guys and one girl… sounds > like > > > the > > > > begining of a nerd themed bukaki pr0n > > > > > > > > > 2 girls. > > > > > > 1 cup? > > > Maybe! If Cleo’s up for it… Haha! well played Ruby, I don’t think I’ve seen a safer bluff in my life

Miss Cleo, I have been where you are and it stinks but it can and will get better if you want it badly enough. To get where you are now you have shown you have the tool kit to do it. It may just take a bit more stamina that’s all. You may think you have messed up but the majority of people in senior positions within the industry do not have this designation. You can succeed without it should you decide it’s not worth it, but I am sure you’ll get it. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger! God bless.

AndrewInToronto Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Panto, don’t waste $100 on a retab simply because > you were in band 10. > > Being in band 10, by definition, means your score > was in the top 50% of all test-takers. I would > assume that since you’re in the top half, that > your answers were accounted for correctly by the > machine. In my opinion the chances of you > magically finding another correct answer or two by > getting a manual recount is very very slim. > That is unless you can think of some answers where > your eraser did a less than stellar job. > > I also believe I read somewhere that CFA hand > marks a significant number of tests (like 10 or > 20% or something), and compares to the results > produced by the machines, to ensure the machines > are accurate. I agree. Retabulation (or retabulaction, as qqqbee used to call it) doesn’t make much sense unless you’re in band 1 and convinced you should have passed. It’s true too that CFAI hand grades about 20% of the exams.

I would never think less of anyone who had to repeat L2 . I know many smart professionals who had to repeat it.

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t be so dramatic; I failed last year, and I > was none too happy about it, but I carried on > living my life. then when study season came round > again, I studied and managed to pass. A wise man > named Joe Dirt once said “you just gotta keep on > keepin on” +1

ON the bright side … i am going to know this stuff in greater detail than most after going through it for the third time !!!