If Peyton had any pride left, he would retire

You a big Wichita State guy or something?

No, but watching them beat KU in the Tournament last year was sexually gratifying.

I didn’t go to college around here so I don’t really care. Just seriously dislike KU. By far the most obnoxious fans alive.

^You’ve never been around any Aggies, then.

Yeah, I know a few Wichita guys who feel the same, was just curious. I’ll try to be less obnoxious for your benefit then. I want everyone to be best friends.

You haven’t been obnoxious at all. I’m actually disappointed.

Just to expand on my previous post on the difference of the coaching staffs between the 2 franchises, when Brady missed the entire season in 08 due to injury, the Pats led by Matt Cassel went 11-5. When Peyton missed the entire season in 11, the team went 2-14 (after 9 straight double digit winning seasons averaging 12 wins per season).

That fact alone could probably get Ol Bill into the Hall of Fame, although the Pats had a very easy schedule that season and got wrecked when they did play good teams. Still, 11 wins in the NFL is 11 wins.

Your point is valid, that’s why I responded earlier that Brady has benefited from better defense and coaching but Manning has generally had better weapons on offense leading to his gaudy statistical numbers. He’s never played a season where his top receiving options were Reche Caldwell or David Patten. Gronk currently is the most unstoppable force in the NFL but he’s spent half his career hurt. Julian Edelman was a quarterback in college and was the 232nd pick in the draft! I’ve never seen a team as stacked as the 2013 Broncos were on offense and he always had an elite #1 in Indy, whether it was Wayne or Harrison or both at the same time.

Gronk and R. Moss are 1st ballot Hall of Famers. Harrison, Wayne and Thomas are very good, but not in the elite (HoF) category.

^Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne are NOT HOF worthy?

You’ve lost your mind, son.

^ It’s been 2 years he has been on the ballot. So I guess the voters agree with me. He might ultimately get in, but to me a true HoFamer is 1st ballot… Gronk and Moss are unquestionably 1st ballot HoFamers.

Correct, but Moss joined the Pats at what… age 30? He was obviously still elite in 2007 but Brady missed 2008 so he really only got two years with him. And guess how many full seasons Gronk has played in his career? One. In Thursday’s night game against the Steelers he nearly scored as many touchdowns (3) as he did for his entire 2013 season (4). I really think the world needs another full season of Gronk. The TD record could be shattered by Week 13. But now I’m off on a tangent.

Anyway, I’ve really never seen anyone claim Brady has had more to work with on offense before. It’s heavily skewed in Manning’s favor and has been for most years since they both started their careers. Hell, look at the rosters the year Manning finally got over the hump and won the AFCCG against the Pats in Indy: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200701210clt.htm. LOL, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, ancient Troy Brown, Ben Watson vs. Harrison/Wayne/Clark. Yeah.

And I still maintain if Caldwell didn’t drop that wide open pass in the flat and walk in for the score, the Pats go on to win that game and Manning never even gets a ring. Although it did give us this incredible image that will live on forever in Patriots’ fans, uh, eyes.

Bump for all the Manning non-believers

Manning obviously is still capable of putting together impressive drives and late game heroics, at least far beyond what Alex Smith can do, we all know that. But jeez… if the Chiefs just hung onto one more of those ducks he was throwing in the second quarter and can take that game into the half 17-0 or 21-0 they likely win easily.

I don’t like that Denver got two wins in games they shouldn’t have (HFA and all that), but god last night was totally worth it to see all those losers in Arrowhead go silent when their only legit skill position player coughs it up and Roby runs it back for the game winner. Hahahaha.

We can play that game all day. If Saints don’t recover the on side kick or if Pierre Garcon doesn’t drop an even easier catch than Caldwell’s, Peyton wins that game.

And if the refs don’t screw up the Dez Bryant catch, the Cowboys have a sixth ring.

yo greenman, i have romo on my team. do u think he will be top 10 qb until dez bryant comes back?

^belongs in the fantasy thread

really

But that game is fun. If Asante Samuel intercepts that duck from Eli Manning the Pats go 19… oh god this isn’t fun at all.