Improving? Constantly getting 74% average on 3 schweser mocks...

Hi

I’m constantly getting an average of 74% over 3 full schweser mock exams. After each session I go over the wrong answers thoroughly, understanding the concepts I missed that time. However, even with answer checkings, I keep getting 74% whenever I take a full new test. The score is not improving.

I’m thinking of two options till the exam.

1. Review the whole schweser books quickly to solidify the concepts. 2. Keep doing the rest of the mocks (and even attempt CFA mocks) until the exam.

Givin the time constraints, it is hard for me to decide which option I should take. Would you please advise me what to do? I am able to study full time and have no kids or other responsibilities.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

same here… i took 5of the schweser tests and scored btw 70-78. 75on avg …

i also took time to review and go through the topics but didn’t see any significant improvement on my scores

given the time constraint i am planning on going through the schweser book summaries before taking the cfai mock. Oh and also work on the topics that i am not completely comfortable with

You guys are getting >70% and are complaining? I think that’s a fantastic position to be in.

Thanks for the replies.

The problem is that the score is not going up any further. I am hoping for a 80% avg. to be sure I can pass the exam. But it feels like I am stuck…

Nevertheless, I decided to keep doing more mocks and more mocks, which I think is the only time benefit option now.

All the best for your studies :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat as you. Took 2 mock exams and scored a 78 and 75. I’m planning on taking the CFAI mock and doing all the exam practice question at least for my review even if I don’t time myself.

With 17 days left until exam day. I plan on re-reading the schweser books for the topic areas I scored lowest on (taking exam weights into perspective because it makes no sense spending lots of time on Alt investments when it is 3% 7-8 questions ). I’ll be making note cards for specific terms and lists I’m unfamiliar with which might get me a few extra points. Also, I plan on doing at least 120 intermediate and hard Q bank questions a day to keep all the topic areas in my head fresh while constantly reviewing formulas.

Additionaly, I plan on taking a second pass through the ethics section as well as reviewing GIPS.

I think my plan is pretty solid in terms of where I’m scoring in my mocks.

If you’re consistently getting mid 70’s you’re in a very good spot. Tests themselves don’t help you learn as much as they tell you the spots you need to focus on. The way of increasing your score is just going back over the parts that give you the most trouble. Not much to it. If you’re worried, don’t be - you’re in a pretty good spot.

+1

Took the Elan Mocks, around 75-80% on those. Got destroyed on the third Elan Mock in Ethics. CFAI Mocks around 78-85%. I’m pretty much on the same course as joe35y, reviewing the Ethics like a mad man. Always read the answer and understand why you got it wrong. I took a few days off of work prior to the exam - I plan on skimming all the pages.

Christ, I can’t even break 70 on the CFAI mocks. Damn, relative to you guys in this thread I am screwed.

Thankfully, even if they are consistentlyl getting 100 on their exams it won’t effect whether or not you can pass. Keep plugging away. You don’t have to crack 70 to pass, but try to aim for it.

So what would you say you do need to pass?

No one knows the answer to this here. What we do know is that 70%+ can get you a pass with very, very high confidence.

Do you mark the ones you guessed on and got right and adjust your score? To see if you’re getting lucky or actually know the material where you got right answers?

The answer is guarded by griffins in an underground labyrinth. From what most people say it seems that if you’re 70+ you’ve probably in a 95 percent confidence interval, and then 67-70 I would estimate you’re probably going to pass, and then below that I don’t really know. Everything is based off of conjecture, because nobody knows what they actually got.

I developed a system where I kept track of how many questions I guessed and how many I was unsure, and with all my mocks I estimated what my mark should be based on how many guesses and unsures I had. I was always within a few percentage points of the actual answer. If you really wanted to you could keep track of that in your head for the exam to give you a better idea of what your mark might be…but it still wouldn’t tell you for sure if your score was higher than the minimum passing score.

Aim for 70+ is the only reasonable answer, lol.

100% of people that have scored 70%+ have passed. I think it is much higher than 95% confidence…

That would mean the MPS has never been in the 70’s. I don’t think we can know that for sure.

I remember reading it from another source directly on the website, but I found this for now:

http://www.cfasociety.org/dayton/Presentation%20Archive/2011%20Presentations/Dayton%20CFA%20Society%20-%20CFA%20Program.pdf

Search “scores above”.

EDIT:

Found another:

http://www.cfasociety.org/minnesota/Pages/ExamTipsLevelI.aspx

Well…there you go. I don’t know how they could say that without having access to MPS records, but maybe they do.

Its like working out. There is a plateau for gains. Once you are in the 70s range which I am, then you have to go next level in terms of your work out intensity. Meaning, there are nuisances for each section that you will have to master it. I would expect that general questions are pretty easy, its the nuisanced or very specific details that you are getting wrong. (I am too). That requires you to stop doing what you did to get to the 70s and train differently.

What got you to college football (70-79% on practice) wont necessary get you to the NFL (80%+)