India needs to get this sh*t under control.

Wow, my family lives in that town. Small little place.

EDIT: Orchha is a nice tourist spot btw. Aside from this rape thing.

What is with India and gang raping?

^ I’m not exactly sure, but in India if you do things as part of a group its perceived as OK as it is more difficult to make one person culpable. Once one guy has forecefully penetratied the woman, there is a belief that she is “spoiled” and the subsequent crime has deminishing marginal impact. Everryone will point fingers at the first guy.

There’s a whole herd mentality in India and the legal system is a sham. If more than 10 people are involved in a crime it becomes difficult to really prosecute all of them. If you’re talking about a group of 100 or more then you get politicians involved and they can really do whatever they want.

If you commit a crime alone they can easily assign all the blame on you and throw you in jail. That’s a much stickier issue when youre talking about 10 people, who are 10 sons, with families who depend on them for support and money. It’s hillarious the excuses that people come up with for letting rapists and murderers go free in India.

I purchased land from a guy who was in jail for a double homicide. They let him out of prison temporarily to attend a wedding which was handy for me because I got to do the transaction then.

Also, don’t be surprised if alcohol is involved in these crimes. It can be just plain frat boy behaviour, but Indian style: a group of guys not used to drinking and comporting themselves amongst women get hammered on cheap whiskey and as a group just accidentally rape a woman. If you received no proper education on drinking or dealing with women while drunk, as most rurally Indians haven’t, you can imagine that you would show poor judgement. Imagine roman soldiers getting drunk 2k years ago. You can imagine they raped whomever they pleased and didn’t think much of it. In the US people used to drink and drive all the time until we made it a huge social taboo by throwing drunk drivers in prison on homicide charges. This is precisely what is going on in India currently with these rapes. The media is attempting to make it a social taboo and will hopefully succeed.

I see, now it makes sense to why your always so knowledgable to these “india” based discussions.

There’s always some Indian Af’er just battling it out with CT and Palantir just comes in to drop some knowledge every now and then

Agreed. Herd mentality also seems to be a very serious problem in the whole sub-continent, remember a few years back in Pakistan where that mob killed those two brothers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11062184

I googled it and saw there is a “Rape in India” wiki. This was the first paragraph:

Rape in India has been described by Radha Kumar as one of India’s most common crimes against women[1] and by the UN’s human-rights chief as a “national problem”.[2] In the 1980s, women’s rights groups lobbied for marital rape to be declared unlawful, as until 1983, the criminal law (amendment) act stated that “sexual intercourse by a man with his own wife, the wife not being under fifteen years of age is not rape”. Marital rape is now illegal in India but is still widespread.

rusty hacksaw time

+1.

Some of us are doing exactly this…

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/520992/Penis-cut-off-meat-cleaver-India