just shifted to america - slight rant

Where are you from in Spain? Do you mean superficial? I could see both, but hopefuly the friends you have over the long term will be solid. I don’t think you can make a statement about a whole city being full of artificial friends when you haven’t been there long enough to develop any long term platonic relationships with people. It might just be different than what you are used to in Spain.

i don’t understand how choosing canada over some other place is a luxury. simply having a wider choice among inferior options is not value-additive.

I daresay Watson. I do think this Mobius fellow means to insult us! Send out the Caribou!

Even though I still believe STL is only a Charterholder on this forum, he clearly owned this thread.

Welcome to fake plastic Amerika! It’s like this everywhere in the country. BTW, what you have said is a very common observation by foreigners who see the country with fresh eyes. Americans however will have no clue what you are talking about, so don’t bring it up.

Good money at some jobs, but crap country to live.

In canada they say ‘eh’ alot and the last letter of the alphabet is called zed. I was hoping to meet this zed person along the way, but never saw him. Simply having these musically rhetorical 'eh’s at the end of each point is sheer luxury in itself.

Zed’s dead, baby…Zed’s dead.

#PulpFiction

I love Tommy’s.

Years ago I worked in Northridge for a while; we’d go to Tommy’s on Roscoe Boulevard, across the street from Busch Gardens.

#niceone

#gettothechoppa

Might be the most sought after industry but is definitely not the largest.

Dude, what’s your deal with hating so much on America? You’re taking a broad brush (as others have on this thread to other countries) to describe over 300M people. Every country (and city) has their own culture of course, but the fakeness can be found anywhere as can geniune, substantive, and intelligent people.

I would think that government is by far the largest.

Los Angeles economy is very diversified. I don’t think any particular industry dominates the city’s activity, although entertainment might be the most visible due to its nature.

^IT? So what’s your point? This is Analyst Forum.

There are lot of Indian members on this forum who doesn’t even post on WC. You wanna block all those members? Why?

I’d settle for location of IP next to our usernames.

Any chance you can move north to San Fran, you’ll probably experience a different culture there. Want friendly people, continue north and cross the boarder to CA where you will find sincerely nice people.

I honestly believe the north east is the best place, assuming you can handle the honesty, because at least there you know where you stand.

With all this said, i’m trying to convince my family to buy a spanish village so i can understand why you are experiencing the culture shock.