Ken I axe you sumfin?

I’ve been traveling all over Africa the past two weeks: south Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe. I can tell you without a doubt that fried chicken is HuGE here in Africa. It might have been invented in The South for all I know but damn is it popular here. KFC is absolutely killing it as a franchise over here more then even McDonald’s. As for fried chicken in New York, check out Obama’s Fried Chicken on 110 St. Nicholas avenue just above the park for all you race baiters.

Weekend Eating Bon-Chon - Respect. I was going to get some grub here before hitting up a bar, but it was so pleasant we made a night of it here. Birdland - Respect.

I’m going to Birdland in a few hours, actually.

Get the fried chicken and collard greens. Not bad at all, and this is coming from a Southern boy.

I really don’t like collard greens. I’m fond of their crabcakes. Or the Jambalaya.

The one on Ave of America and 53 is the best drunk food!

^halal guys is good. new chicken place opened in hells kitchen, its called hells chicken - freakin delicious

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-tQrZ6ZAIU]

prob here

+1. I find myself stopping here on almost all trips to NY despite the thousands of other dining options. Sad perhaps, but that place is money.

Hey CvM, you ever had a Chicken Fried Steak?

Oh man, chicken fried steak is good. One more of those, and I will have solid arteries, though.

Methinks that going to Cracker Barrel in New Jersey doesn’t count. You have to have a good one.

Some people also call them “country fried steak”. It’s basically a piece of steak that has been run through the tenderizer half a dozen times. Then it’s hand breaded, deep fried, and smothered in cream gravy. One of the greatest inventions ever made.

My gramps grew up in arthur ave - our fam meets there every few months and i must say its some of the best food i have ever have. Now, i am usually a clean eater so when i disgard everything i know about GI and nutrition, which i do when i make this trip, perhaps this leaves my opinion a little skewed.

Chicken fried steak is delicious.

On a side note, I was up in the northern Rockies region a couple months ago and found this little fried chicken shack. Looked like good home-cooked grub so I checked it out. Ordered my fried chicken and asked for some gravy and they looked at me like I was crazy. Those damn hippies have no idea what they’re doing. You always get gravy with fried chicken.

If you ever happen to find yourself about 100 miles west of Dallas, the best CFS in the world is in a little place called Mary’s in Strawn, Texas. (You know, for those of you who want to go to Dallas and take a two hour trip to get some grub…)

Trust me–I’ve eaten lots of CFS in lots of places, and I’ve never had a better one. You can also order calf fries there, if that’s your thing.

Stroud’s in KC is the best around here. Their gravy is so good I’d eat it like soup if it wouldn’t kill me.

@STL - does Arrowhead really smell as good as Bob Costas says it does?

Yo, BgaChad, I’m craving some Cajun Catfish. Is there a NOLA village I’m not aware of around NYC? Can you hook a brotha up?

The only cajun place I know is Bayou on 125 street, but I see that it closed. I do have a friend from NOLA who might know, but I probably won’t be able to get in touch with her until the weekend.

I had legit Dim Sum in Brooklyn at East Harbor Seafood Palace, in case anyone is curious.