"MBA" after your name on a business card ?

I’m an L3 candidate just like you Iteracom. There’s no need for personal attacks.

No “MBA,” maybe “Your Royal Highness”

But more seriously, I can’t help but quote Jean-Luc Picard on this (I don’t even like Star Trek but that’s besides the point)… http://files.sharenator.com/wtf_is_this_shit_The_Rules_Of_Trolling-s400x297-128287-580.jpg

Wendy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why is it considered to be incredibly dorky to put > “MBA” after your name on a business card or bio, > yet it is completely acceptable to write “CFA” > after your name if you are a charterholder? > > Consider that an MBA takes 2,000 hours of study and > costs $80,000, while a CFA takes only 750 hours and > costs just $2,000. > > Discuss. I have yet to meet someone who failed at getting an MBA. That’s the difference.

^ Perfectly summed up mo

Wendy, i really hope there is a laptop in the kitchen

Come to India where everybody, I mean literally everbody, has an MBA. A place where people say M.B.A. stands for “Means Bugger All.” Don’t think I’ll put CFA on my card though.

When I complete my Masters, and then my PhD, I’m going to have Dr Newsuper, CFA on my business card. And Fidelity will beg me to work for them.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I complete my Masters, and then my PhD, I’m > going to have > > Dr Newsuper, CFA > > on my business card. And Fidelity will beg me to > work for them. no way. Dr Newsuper, Elementary School Diploma, High School Diploma, Babysitter’s Course Diploma, BA, Capt. of Ringette Team, CFA, CFA, CFA

Because an MBA is a bu11sh1t degree and no one cares? Before others flame me, let me say I certainly understand why people get them, and it’s a smart decision for many people. I will freely admit I could not get into HBS or Wharton but would go in a heartbeat if offered the chance.

People who bash MBAs dont have one

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People who bash MBAs dont have one No I’ve already got one, but I wrote that I would go to HBS if offered the chance because I want another. /see what I mean about MBAs?

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SuperiorReturn Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > People who bash MBAs dont have one > > No I’ve already got one, but I wrote that I would > go to HBS if offered the chance because I want > another. > > /see what I mean about MBAs? hmmm… i would go as well. but would u list MBA twice on ur resume ?

I believe the technical term is MBA^2.

*bump* Just had a few people ask me about this IRL, so I figure I would try to clarify based on my experience (and my belief as to why it is NOT appropriate for the MBA to be on the card. The rule of thumb I have heard from many professionals and hiring managers for C-suite jobs is: The credentials that you should include are: – A TERMINAL degree in your employed area of expertise (MD, DDS, PhD, etc.) Note that MBA does NOT meet this criterion, even if your field often requires an MBA for natural progression into senior roles (like going from audit senior to manager at a BIG 4 accounting firm). JD does count IF you are not practicing law, but are still in a counseling or legal compliance role. Otherwise do not include it. Teachers are assumed to be teaching in their areas of degree completion, and would obviously use the credential. An incorrect use would be a PhD in English literature who now works as a financial advisor. The initial assumption of a prospective client would be that the PhD pertains to their current career path if they include it on their business card. – A professional designation that holds you to a higher standard of conduct, and requires that you maintain “in good standing” status. These designation can be removed by the requisite governing body. Therefore, your use of them indicates your CURRENT good standing. Examples include CPA, CFA, CFP, Esq., EA, etc. I do have an MBA from a Top 30 school and no, it is not on my business card.

I, for one, have never seen the doctorate mentioned twice.

Dr. Joe Blow, often.

Joe Blow, PhD, often.

Dr. Joe Blow, PhD, never.

Have you?

that screams dbag everywhere. I would definitely not do this

Maybe a PhD holder is also a doctor (in medicine) … so he wants to show both.

So the Dr. for Doctor in medicine and the PhD for a doctor of philosophy.

He must be the chair of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Putting MBA after your name makes it ok to say Joe Blow, High School Diploma…or

Joe Blow, BA

Would you really respect this guy/girl?

I have seen most people who put MBA after their name went to s**t MBA programs.