My apartment lease is up and I am moving into a van

seriously now, are we talking about a VW bus or a decked out one like the Simpsons pic above? if so, MLA approved! if its a chevy astro, you’re a dirty dirty man, Aqualung style.

It does seem like there are other, more viable alternatives. In addition to the cheap apartment suggestion, you could probably buy a camper for $2,000 on Craigslist, have water and electricity hookups at a nearby RV park and sell it for what you bought it for 6 months later. That way you’d have a shower and bathroom, a little space, and a place to cook and eat.

Why would it be?

Please watch Aspen Extreme before making this decision.

Lol, yeah - why? I’m trying to think of every way this could hilariously violate ethics and I can’t…

You should only do this if you are going to put a bumper sticker on the van that says “if this van’s a-rockin’…don’t come a-knockin’”

I’m sick of paying rent. I like this idea. But something makes me think the girlfriend wouldn’t!

This fucking forum has gone down the tube. CFAs living in vans, wtf is this shit. Please tell me the name of your firm so I know where NOT to custody my assets.

so if you live in a van you can have a gamecube but no bidet? I just don’t think I could live like that…

Actually all jokes aside, I have dreamed of doing this for a while now.

i’ve been away a long time. this site used to be all about models and bottles and how big your bonus will be. now we’re talking about whether living in a van is socially acceptable. what the hell happened here?

Imagine the inspiration given to all guys studying for CFA ,a charter holder who has a job sleeps in a van to reduce costs.

its a tough fukin world out there

Igor-I never said its easy,I know how the dude feels since I am living in a van myself at the very moment

RIP Finance circa 2006. Long Live #Tech!

There are two types of people in finance: the model and bottle types that spend like there’s no tomorrow and the cheap kinds that live frugally and end up dying with millions in their bank account with their offspring taking full advantage of their hard labor. There are very few balanced people in this industry.

I could see myself living in a van, if that van were at least 3,000 square feet, had a garage with a couple of additional cars in it, and was permanently fixed in a nice area of town.

I half jokingly thought about buying a luxury RV and living in it in my office parking lot.

I know of one hedge fund that provides a $1500 monthly stipend to live within a short distance of work. I guess so they can make you come back and work any time.

^How far does $1500/month go where this hedge fund is located?