NFL Free Agency

Chris Johnson to the Jets.

They wouldn’t block for Snatchez or Geno Smith, but they’ll probably block for him.

CJ0.5K? I’m starting to feel bad for Jets fans…

Jets 2013 rushing:

Chris Ivory (833 yards on 182 attempts for 4.6 avg)

Bilal Powell (697 yards on 176 attempts for 4.0 avg)

Looks like there was some opportunity there last year – and it should be improved this year if you believe Decker will add a receiving threat and Geno/Vick will be at all better than what they had last year.

Chris Johnson has rushed for 1,000+ yards in every one of his first 6 seasons. Granted, he had his first sub-4.0 ypc year in 2013, but I’d hardly write him off – I haven’t seen what they paid him but assuming it wasn’t outlandish I’d be happy about the pickup if I were a J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS fan.

edit: Plus, for reference CJ2k is a year younger than AP and I don’t think he’s ever missed a game since he got to the league.

edit edit: Disclosure – I’ve got an option to tag CJ2k as RFA or Franchise in my dynasty league going into next season.

To anyone pimping CJ, you better have the ball$ to draft him in your fantasy league. I won’t.

^ you wouldn’t take him with the last pick in your draft?

I have been burned by him for the past two season. Fk CJnoK

Although I think he is a great pick up by the Jets. Now they have a legitimate threat at both WR and RB and QB (if Vick performs well). They went from being one of the worst offenses in the league to a potentially explosive one.

He won’t realistically be available. He will most probably be gone in the first 6 rounds in a 10 team league. There’s always someone out there that overvalues guys like Owens, Bush and CJ. I’m not one of them.

BTW, Chad Johnson signed with Montreal in the CFL. He will change his name from Ochocinco to Huitcinq.

But if he dropped far enough, you would take him.

The difference is I don’t go pimpimg him to everyone within hearing distance. Those that do should put their money where their mouth is.

Settle down, settle down. I’ve finished dead last in my league each of the past 2 seasons. Just trying to gain some additional information as my current sources are not working.

^ Due to injuries or just picks that didn’t pan out?

I don’t claim to be the know it all as I didn’t win my league since 2006 (although I made the playoffs the last 5 years and twice made it to the final in that period). I’m just bitter because CJ cost me big in a few of those years, so I might be biased.

^ A bit of both. I don’t recall 2 years ago, but last year I drafted 10th in a 12 team league and went C.J. Spiller in R1, David Wilson in R2, Matty Ice in R3, and Ahmad Bradshaw in R4. With a top 4 like that, it really didn’t matter that I had to go on auto-pick for a few of the middle rounds and got gems like Kyle Rudolph and Michael Crabtree.

I also had Matty Ice last year. Both he and Stafford were available at the time and both were major dissapointments.

May I hijack this thread for a second…

I would totally play that kind of football!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl98-HwR15s

Anyone tried?

Bob Condotta ‏@ bcondotta25m

Seahawks have just released a statement that Russell Wilson has filed for a divorce from wife, Ashton.

smart move, upgrade now before getting the big contract.

Should we short his career though? The hotter your woman is, the less focused you are on your craft.