On personal hygiene....

good question. non-hand-washer want to answer?

I think it has to do with smell. Because poo has worse odor, you just feel dirty and want to wash. Bchad will probably say that from a biological perspective, we are adapted to feel disgusted by poo, which contains all kind of bacteria, unlike relatively sterile urine. Come to think about it, there isn’t much reason why urine is more dirty than other bodily excretions, like blood, semen or boogers.

Yours does. Mine smells lovely.

pee is full of vitamins

Hmm. Not sure that this is exactly how kidneys work, but it seems like if your pee is full of vitamins, you have a lot of those vitamins already. Otherwise, your kidneys would not have filtered them out. So, your own pee is not useful to you.

However, if other people’s pee has their extra vitamins, maybe it is useful for them to pee on you.

like strawberries.

Sooooo, I was in the restroom laying cable, when a gentleman comes in and uses the oval office next to me. Lo and behold, I look at the gentleman’s shoes, and see that it is one of the partners in my office.

He got done with his business before I did. And he left the restroom without washing his hands. (Yes, he dropped a deuce and didn’t wash his hands.)

I’m quite certain that I won’t say anything, but how can I ever shake hands with him again?

It’s not even just about after going to pee, but in general, we should wash our hands regularly, whenever possible, and being in the bathroom is probalby the most convenient places to do so.

I don’t know why men are so against washing their hands!

there are full of germs and bacteria and most people do get sick from their hands.

And if you live in the city, germs do spread fast so please do everyone a favour and wash your hands!!!

^ Nana knows her stuff! I agree.

Good news–it wasn’t my boss. I double-checked the shoes, and it wasn’t him.

The bad news–I don’t know who it was. Now I can’t shake anybody’s hand in the building.

Bump.

And the dude down the hall is still dropping deuces and not washing afterwards.

Although I am a washer I find some people’s obsession with hygene bewildering. Like they’ve never been around little kids for long enough. I wash because it’s convention not because I’d spend time pondering the medical ramifications of me not complying. This falls in the same category as: Do you eat food that has fallen to the ground? Do you use a toothpick or your fingers? Do you pee in the pool? Did you ever smell something funny when your mom kissed you goodnight as a kid? …

I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

… the whole Yale thing.

Yale thing?

I’ll bet you can do a thousand stomach crunches too.

All this talk reminds me of the time where a woman wanted to lysol my ‘you know’ before she went down on me. Needless to say it didn’t happen.

That’s a very fine chardonnay you’re drinking. I want you to clean your vagina.

But the Lysol thing is weird because she would get Lysol residue in her mouth. If you have used Lysol spray, you have probably inhaled some of the droplets and it is not very pleasant.

Perhaps it would be better to use some kind of lubricant-disinfectant designed for specific recreational purposes. You can even add flavor to enhance the experience.