PCP Investigation for Glancing

So jsut to update the community and hopefuly get more feedback. The PCP has still not provided an update except that their investigation is ongoing. How long is a reasonable time to give them to give me judgement? Whether I passed or failed I feel that this will start to encroach on my study time.

mpcollins Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So jsut to update the community and hopefuly get > more feedback. The PCP has still not provided an > update except that their investigation is ongoing. > > > How long is a reasonable time to give them to give > me judgement? Whether I passed or failed I feel > that this will start to encroach on my study time. Yes… can somebody pls reply to this…

I suspect that they take as much time as they please. Everything I’ve heard about it feels a bit like the Court of the Star Chamber. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Chamber The relevant section: “Court sessions were held in secret, with no indictments, no right of appeal, no juries, and no witnesses. Evidence was presented in writing.”

mpcollins Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So jsut to update the community and hopefuly get > more feedback. The PCP has still not provided an > update except that their investigation is ongoing. > > > How long is a reasonable time to give them to give > me judgement? Whether I passed or failed I feel > that this will start to encroach on my study time. I recently came across this overview: http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/Documents/Professional%20Conduct%20Program%20Documents/can_discipline_stats.pdf It shows that all June 2011 cases are still pending. Of the 286 December 2010 cases, 72 are still pending. I’m afraid this probably means that the process can take at least half a year.

how ridiculous

@bchadwick - I couldn’t agree more, my back and forth emails with PCP said it could take 1 - 9 months to resolve. My case is pretty straight forward, I don’t see how this couldn’t be resolved by November at the latest though. The most I would accept is a cautionary letter, since I am sure that I did not do anything wrong. @Cityboy - If I can move on with minimal hassle and a cautionary letter then I will be pleased, even though no action against me should be taken. @Alladin - Agreed Is there a point where I should start trying to pressure the PCP for judgement besides the bi-weekly update request emails I send or is that too aggresive?

Hello Guys , I have the same problem "unusual similarity " . has any one got a response from ther PCP so far . any idea for a ways to pressure the PCP for judgement ???

I’m still waiting as well AxiomMan. Have you received an update? This is ridiculous! As I said in my previous posts, the only way I can see to pressure the PCP would be a small claims lawsuit. However that is a dangerous road I would only reserve if they actually found their judgement against me (as I did not cheat or glance at another candidates exam)

Personally, I would sue or forget about the whole thing and move on. Keeping aside your results (I’m sure you passed but we still can’t be certain). You are also losing your peace of mind everyday maybe checking your email to see if you got a reply. Either sue them and find closure OR forget about it. Trust me, whatever CFA would give you, you can earn it yourself (including the respect and recognition) by doing something else with your time. Read a book, spend a few hundred hours trying to find undervalued stocks, do charity, etc. I do sympathize with you. For now, move on. My 2 cents.

I sued CFA Institute over a PCP inquiry. I had an intellectual property dispute with a former employer who told CFAI about it and they opened this ridiculous investigation (it’s decidedly not unethical to disagree about ownership of intellectual property). The whole process was awful and expensive and it’s not clear that I got anywhere. Enough people sue CFAI that they don’t really care and they know that judges will not easily intervene in their internal processes. Threatening to sue them over a routine exam investigation will just get you a yawn from them. The problem is that all that CFAI is threaatening to do to you is delay the date you get your CFA charter. Courts don’t consider that very significant damages. There’s no way that qualifies as “disability discrimination”. I think the best thing to do in these cases is go along with their procedure. I’m not so optimistic as lots of these folks about your chances because CFAI usually just trusts the proctors, voids your exam, sends you a mean letter and lets you take the exam again.

The Oracle of AF has returned!!

Thanks for the insightful feedback JoeyDVivre. Fortunately my actions were considered mostly suspicious and not explicit cheating by the proctors that observed me. I am honestly hoping for a warning letter, get my results, and move forward. Maybe I’m being too optimistic. I honestly don’t want to sue anyone, I just want to be vindicated.

Who is John Galt? Anyway I thought it was DeVivre not DVivre though I could be off there

CFA Insitute simply sucks donkey balls, thats all there is to it.

Just got notification from the PCP and I was found innocent!!!

Good for you chief!

Thanks, I just thought I would provide some closure to my story

Awesome man, good to hear. Now stop cheating and focus on the books!

Congrats! Did you pass?