PCP Investigation!

buddham Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > farley013 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I don’t mean to start a race war or stereotype > > people (unless it’s Chinese people and then JDV > > might back me up), but here in NYC at least > I’ve > > noticed that a large number of proctors seem to > be > > blacks and hispanics from local community > colleges > > (I’ve heard a few people ask them where they’re > > from) and a large number of test takers seem to > be > > affluent Asian, Indian, and Jewish people from > > Wall Street firms. A little bit of racial > jealousy > > on the part of the proctors that their people > > aren’t as successful as “our” people perhaps? > > You must be joking? Or am I having nightmare? and to make things worse he tried to enlist me.

I’ve always wondered what happened to that thread about the poor Chinese cheaters that you were running roughshod on. That was a good one.

dean1981 Wrote: > > > I’m so sick of people violating the rules and then > try to act like victims when they’re caught. How > hard is it to get a watch? Use a replacement; > borrow one from a friend; buy one for $0.50 at the > quarter machines. You violated a rule and you > DESERVE to be written up for it. The proctors are > not “bother” you because they are doing their job. > Likewise, if you’re going to be looking and > moving around during a test, then don’t play the > victim card. Don’t act like you’ve never taken a > test before. This is nothing personal, but rules > are rules. If it’s not very hard, at least pretty hard for me to get a new watch, considersing the watch broke down on the afternoon of June 7th, and the rainstorm outside at the same time(100mm height of water in 3 hours). What made it worse was that I just moved to a new city with no acquaintance. So I borrowed the desktimer from my roommate, who didn’t have a wristwatch. Besides, different from NYC, wristwatch is not that readily-available everywhere in my town(We all use cellphone instead of watch, so nowsdays there is no stores in a street corner offering watch. And I’ve never seen a quarter machines offering a watch,either. The CFA exam is held all over the world at almost the same time and we are from quite different countries, Dean.) I should not say so much to defend myself. What really shocks me is your ruthlessness. Is this exam makes you so ruthless? I knew I violated the rule but I was not complaining, and I just shared my experience with the guy who started this thread, and say"I m worrying". Why should you use that offensive words like "I am sick of you"when I was trying to comfort sb. ? I just feel sorry about you.

> I’m so sick of people violating the rules and then > try to act like victims when they’re caught. How > hard is it to get a watch? Use a replacement; > borrow one from a friend; buy one for $0.50 at the > quarter machines. You violated a rule and you > DESERVE to be written up for it. The proctors are > not “bother” you because they are doing their job. > Likewise, if you’re going to be looking and > moving around during a test, then don’t play the > victim card. Don’t act like you’ve never taken a > test before. This is nothing personal, but rules > are rules. There were rules. You act like victims. They are doing their job. Rules are rules. Dude you should try 1940 in Germany. Big career. Follow rules and stop thinking for yourself since there are rules. Life must be real easy for you. Just follow the rules.

Would mugging someone to take their watch for the CFA exam violate Standard 1A if you gave it back when you were done?

Bleeck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I’m so sick of people violating the rules and > then > > try to act like victims when they’re caught. > How > > hard is it to get a watch? Use a replacement; > > borrow one from a friend; buy one for $0.50 at > the > > quarter machines. You violated a rule and you > > DESERVE to be written up for it. The proctors > are > > not “bother” you because they are doing their > job. > > Likewise, if you’re going to be looking and > > moving around during a test, then don’t play > the > > victim card. Don’t act like you’ve never taken > a > > test before. This is nothing personal, but > rules > > are rules. > > There were rules. You act like victims. They are > doing their job. Rules are rules. > > Dude you should try 1940 in Germany. Big career. > Follow rules and stop thinking for yourself since > there are rules. > > Life must be real easy for you. Just follow the > rules. That’s perilously close to calling someone a Nazi…

Bleeck, If you cannot distinguish between being ruthless in not wanting someone to bring in an oversized wall-clock to the CFA exam versus Nazi Germany, then you’re clearly a moron. Period. VCer, You don’t need to feel sorry for me because you’re the idiot who broke the testing rules. I don’t need to hear your sob stories about how it’s storming outside in zero degree weather or how you have no friends or how your dog ate your homework. And, yes, I am very ruthless when it comes to these things. If you’re willing to jeopardize months of studying for something stupid like not having a watch, then you deserve to be kicked out.

“Oversize wall-clock”… lol

clock? didn’t you have proctors write the time every 30 mins or so on those paper presentation easel type boards?

Easel type boards? I just tell time by triangulating the shadows of the passing cars on the street to determine the position of the sun.

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Easel type boards? I just tell time by > triangulating the shadows of the passing cars on > the street to determine the position of the sun. That’s really good… What do you need to calibrate that?

I memorized the coordinates of Alpha Centari and the Orion constellation the previous night and then superimposed the longitudinal distance of the sun the following morning before getting on the subway.

I believe soft skills are underrated.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I believe soft skills are underrated. I greatly respect you bchadwick. You could have said: “I believe that hard skills are overrated.” The way that you framed your response clearly got out your position without attacking mine or minimizing me. You avoided “No, X is wrong and Y is better” and instead focused on “Y has some merit as well.” Furthermore simultaneously making me think hard about the limitations of my position and considering your view. I admire the level of your class and maturity (especially in a place that can get so nasty like AF) and I hope sometime in the next 50 years that I can reach even half of that level. I have much to learn from you.

Agree. I have much more to learn, as bchadwick has mentioned ,about"Soft skills". Besides, thanks for pointing that out bostonkev and I appreciate your frankness. bostonkev Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I believe soft skills are underrated. > > I greatly respect you bchadwick. > > You could have said: > “I believe that hard skills are overrated.” > > The way that you framed your response clearly got > out your position without attacking mine or > minimizing me. You avoided “No, X is wrong and Y > is better” and instead focused on “Y has some > merit as well.” Furthermore simultaneously making > me think hard about the limitations of my position > and considering your view. > > I admire the level of your class and maturity > (especially in a place that can get so nasty like > AF) and I hope sometime in the next 50 years that > I can reach even half of that level. I have much > to learn from you.

Starting a sentence with “I don’t mean to start a race war” isn’t a blanket license for you to be a racist, nor does it excuse your stereotyping and racism. Don’t try to soft pedal it with the disclaimers…what you are saying is “blacks and hispanics who are working as proctors are creating conduct reports out of jealousy over all those smart jewish people and those math-excelling asians”. Sounds kind of stupid when I translate it back into “bigot”, doesn’t it?

I think that it is highly unlikely that you can cheat on these exams. . . these proctors watch us like hawks. . . if it had been that egregious they would already have busted you red handed. You would have to be pulling some serious sh*t to get nailed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL9-7AeFD5w

This post is way too intense. Relax.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I believe soft skills are underrated. As usual, bchadwick at his best. To Managing Director of Fund of Funds who makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and yet is able to post here throughout the day belittling others, especially students: please make a note.

Right to the point, Gooman. You should try to run for an office. Gooman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Starting a sentence with “I don’t mean to start a > race war” isn’t a blanket license for you to be a > racist, nor does it excuse your stereotyping and > racism. > > Don’t try to soft pedal it with the > disclaimers…what you are saying is “blacks and > hispanics who are working as proctors are creating > conduct reports out of jealousy over all those > smart jewish people and those math-excelling > asians”. > > Sounds kind of stupid when I translate it back > into “bigot”, doesn’t it?