People who annoy you

People who don’t bother reading instructions and ask away anyway

Spent a lot of time on the road the last few weekends and nothing bothers me more than people who drive like nutjobs, swerving into and out of lanes when there is heavy congestion on the road. Basically put everyone’s lives at risk to save yourself a few minutes.

More to the driving piece… people who avoid the line by driving up all the way to the end and cutting in at the last second. Actually strike that. I hate the people who allow these assholes to cut in at the last minute. Understand what’s going on and block those fools. We have to band together as a society on this.

Sorry… Boston to NYC and back drove me nuts.

cool is subjective atush, dont be so daft

people who drive around with all their windows down and blast really loud music so anyone within 2 blocks can hear it.

though I am cool with people who play loud music with their car windows shut. the loud bass going off in the car and rattling the car frame makes the car sound like it’s farting, which is rather funny.

endless automated hotline loops

media whores posing as independent moderators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEvQZuo1VMo

According to a study conducted by the State of Minnesota, using all lanes up until the last minute actually increases traffic flow by 35%.

I really despise people who drive in the high speed lane at 40mph, it’s actually more dangerous to do that for everybody else as most of accidents are caused by lane changes. So if you are a slow driver do us all a favor GT$O of the fast lane.

my wife

People who refuse to move into the middle of the packed train car during a rush hour morning commute.

People who walk slowly and in zigzags while texting

People who hit the train cars because they missed it and the doors closed.

Drivers that stand on the crossing lines at the traffic light

Obnoxious dog owners/walkers that let the leash extend 10 feet wide across the sidewalk

People that get complicated coffee drinks at 8AM in the morning! ^&^@#

So misleading. You would fit right in as a modern day reporter. It’s called the zipper merge. The Minnesota study recommendations called for early merge while still at highway speeds. The zipper merge is recommended once traffic has slowed and backed up. Ideally, the zipper merge would not be needed if those ass clowns would have merged while still traveling at speed, as the construction signs suggested.

It makes sense that occupying all available road space would increase efficiency overall. If 10% of road space is comprised of side lanes and no one drives in those lanes out of politeness, then more cars will be lined up in the non side lanes. This will not improve volume through the choke point, but will increase congestion in all lanes behind the merging region, since the cars back there could have entered the side lane and cleared up space behind the queue.

This is all moo once we have robot drivers. In fact traffic signals will no longer be necessary.

^ All the benefits of taking a train (reading, napping during commute), without the B.O., p!$$-and-$#!t-reeking biomass of humanity putting a downer on your day right out the gate. I can’t wait.

That’s true, you are misleading, or you lack reading comprehension skills. If cars are still moving at highway speeds, there is no line.

Eat mor chikin

What? Lines certainly form at highway speeds while people merge early and precede through the single lane construction zone at say 55 mph, for example, if capacity is not exceeded. Capacity is a function of the speed that can be maintained. Once traffic exceeds theoretical capacity, the zipper, last minute, merge maximizes throughput. I suggest you read the study or have your morning coffee and read it again. Given you got into a top 25 mba program, I’m assuming your reading comprehension skills are adequate.

The zipper when traffic exceeds the theoretical capacity is the person who annoys him. As you noted yourself, that zipper maximizes throughput. Anything that happened prior to the theoretical capacity being reached is not germane to this discussion.

I probably wouldn’t get into that program anymore.

I’m guessing the person that whips ahead of a 55 mph line rather than merging early annoys him as well. And that one person will further delay the poster as an individual regardless of throughput.

Yeah, the standards everywhere are getting ridiculous in the sense that they are valuing a bunch of subjective bullshit. I’d like to see a minimum criteria determined by the school. Really high for harvard obviously and a lottery after that.

• 10! Great list!

For the drivers, do you mean the ones that are stuck in the pedestrian crossing when the light is against them? I have occasionally been that person, but it’s almost always because of traffic taking unexpectedly forever to move forward, and then being unable to back up after the light has changed.