Playoff Bracket

seattle 2.5 pt favorites

Really out of sync. It’s been a second half team all year but that was atrocious. People want to say Green Bay gave it away in the 4th quarter but really I think Seattle just started to play like the team they really are and stopped sucking hard like they did in the first half. Rodgers is always great and Peppers had some great plays but it was mainly just terrible ball by Seattle for the first 30 minutes and amazing football in the last 3-5 minutes. Gonna have to step it up hard in the next game.

this is what happens when you play hard for 57 out of 60 minutes.

To me it seemed more like the Seahawks offense took the first 57 minutes off and then got their s–t together in the last 3 minutes. IMO both defenses played well all game. The only really big mistake for Green Bay was the onside kick – Rodgers had two picks but anyone is going to have picks throwing against the Seattle secondary. I’m biased but I don’t think it was a complete GB melt down, it was that in part, but Seattle also played really well and had a ton of momentum going their way at the end of the game.

Pats going to be tough, that was a rout against Indy.

gb really choked hard…cant play not to lose.

it all really started going downhill on that 2nd or 3rd and long when gb only rushed 2.

Packers weren’t opportunistic in the 1st half and didn’t take advantage of those picks. They had to punch in at least one of those 3 FGs. 2 drives ended up at the 1 yard line…if you leave pts on the board it usually ends up catching up to you.

Bro, it was a meltdown, no doubt about it. After Burnett laid down when he caught the interception, then Packers as a team laid down and played “not-to-lose.” Then, they lost. You’re not supposed to win an NFL game, much less a playoff game when you’re -3 on turnovers.

Congrats to Seattle for playing hard 60mins and more of football. Must be great to be a Seahawk fan right now.

Green Bay sadly, inexplicably, amazingly pissed away that game. They has SO many chances to end it. Huge choke. Just at a loss for words.

They failed to listen to Herm Edwards’ advice.

The part that keeps replaying in my head is the onside kick. Backup tight end, Brandon Bostick, was supposed to be blocking for Jordy Nelson. Instead, the SOB jumps in front of Nelson and bobbles it to Matthews, the guy he’s supposed to block. Unbelievable.

Aaron Rodgers: “The better team lost” – really? The box stats don’t agree.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400749519

Seattle won in almost every major category outside of the four huge picks that Wilson threw. GB’s 3 and 14 conversion ratio on 3rd down was abyssmal and they only converted one pick to a TD, which was a gimme in the red zone. The #1 offense struggled agains the #1 defense all day and had a very difficult time scoring. Time of possession was also pretty equal even though it didn’t feel like it at all watching the game.

Wilson played the worst first half of his life but it wasn’t the blow out and give away in the last 3 minutes that people are trying to make it out to be. Wilson just had a terrible game. Seattle had more first downs, a much better conversion ratio on 3rd down, more yards (both passing and rushing), higher average yards per play, and was better in the red zone with only one minute less of possession. We can speculate on “what ifs” but if Seattle had showed up to play in the first 3 quarters it would have been an embarrassing blowout for GB. The better team won even if it was the worst game of their season.

Figures lie and liars figure. Not calling you a liar, just saying that looking at the stats alone does not reflect how the game went. All of those better stats came at the end of the game, notably the last three possessions for Seattle. Those stats didn’t look so good during the first 55 minutes.

I give a lot of credit to the Seattle defense, especially on those two goal line stands.

It was a very ugly game but most of the INTs were just bad QB decisions instead of brilliant defensive plays. GB didn’t convert on the 5 extra opportunities they had. Once Wilson stopped gift wrapping the ball, it wasn’t a close game. It just all came at the end. Seattle beat GB resoundingly earlier in the season so we can guess about what it would have looked like had Wilson not struggled yesterday.

C’mon man, you don’t give enough credit where credit is due. Those INTs came from pressure on Wilson and disciplined defense. 5 sacks plus the hits and hurries.

Week 1 is vastly different than post-season. That’s like saying, Green Bay was 2-0 vs. Seattle in postseason before yesterday, so you can speculate where the streak should’ve continued.

Yeah that was a pretty bad choke by GB…

^Agreed with JB. If you could show the stats from just the first 52 minutes of the game, it would look very different. Seattle’s offense was absolutely horrible. And if Seattle didn’t have such a monster defense, GB would probably have scored 30 points by halftime.

And Dallas went into Seattle and thumped them on their own turf. But that was then, this is now.

It’s the same season with the same coaches and mostly the same players, is it that different?

One team had 4 extra opportunities and the other team had 5 extras, and one team was able to convert that into TDs. That’s what decided the game.

GB’s defensive line did play well, but Wilson was doing stupid stuff like throwing into double coverage. Normally he throws it away or runs.

The Packers are a great team but I don’t know how anyone could argue they were the better team. If they were the better team, why didn’t they win? Unlike many recent games, there was no sketchy officiating call or key injury to blame. I don’t like the coin toss rule (too much luck involved), but it should never have gone to OT anyway.

Spoken like a true Dallas fan. Too bad Dallas already lost in the playoffs or they might have had a rematch.

It’s a 60 minute game. It doesn’t matter what the stats were for the first 5, 10 or 50 minutes of the game. That’s why you play the entire game.