Really?? please help!!

KanKan, you can totally message a guy. They are getting spammed just as you are.

Yeah, we need to know how hot you are to really be sure. If you’re hot and you’re having this problem then you are obviously insane and/or a mega bitch. What are your measurements, we don’t even need photos to get a decent idea.

However, you sound quite nice, so I’m assuming you’re not hot. That’s ok though, you’re intelligent and successful. Get a dumb guy with no income but with 6 percent body fat and a 3 pound ding dong. The ying to your yang. Bliss!

In a way it would actually be unfortunate for a chick to be beautiful, smart, and successful. She’d never be happy with any guy in that case.

I didn’t list that to describe myself. I listed that to highlight an obervation of how I’m judged. My profile doesn’t mention my education, my job / income or my include any overly flattering photos. I’d rather suprise to the upside.

also- I took it forgranted that a lot of people here have already read plenty of posts that fully cover what I value / belive in. I don’t expect Match.com to get that “deep” though. I don’t think I need to get into my life story there.

KanKan, what about trying here on AF? I’d suppose some decent guys here might be looking. You could post a spammable email address to see if something reasonable comes up.

I think I learned a lot from this thread. Particularly, the key to writing steamy romance novels.

First of all, people have high opinions about themselves, so the female protagonist in romance novels is always some kind of Mary Sue character - smart, beautiful, independent… that is, someone you would project yourself to be in a fantasy.

But then of course, you run into the problem mentioned above - if the girl is so great, she can only be happy with a guy who is unrealistically fantastic. So, the male romantic interest must be one of:

1. Kinky billionaire

2. Sparkly vampire who wants to eat you

3. Handsome mafia boss

Or some other wealthy and desireable male who is flawed in some way. See, if they were not flawed, then there is no guilty pleasure.

Between bchadwick and me, I think we have this formula down. Oprah book list, here we come.

IEV- you are a total prick but I’ll bite

any dallasites want to grab a beer? Don’t have to be single- but have to have a singles social circle i can earn my way into :wink:

if you’re a local CFA society member and want to sponsor me +1 … lol. I need to actually get this stupid certificate already.

I wager a google share that KanKan is at best average looking if its really a girl.

FACT: good looking women successful, unsuccessful, rich, poor, dumb, smart can get dates and a mate quite easily.

If your success rate is 15% you’re below average in looks.

Don’t live in Dallas, but I may be there later in Nov/early-mid Dec. I know a few good dudes down there I could get you squared up with.

I’ll bite, my curiosity is piqued. KanKan, my brother just had a second baby a few months ago, (maybe a year?) anyhow, I’m due for a visit around the holidays, drop me a line and I’ll hit you up for CFA beers in Dallas.

Oh SNAP, we should coordinate CFABB. Maybe Dec?

That makes sense as an observation of how you believe you are judged. I suppose the “poor me, my success, intelligence and good looks are driving off all of my romantic interests” routine rubbed me the wrong way. You seem cool, I’m sure you’ll separate the wheat from the chaff.

I once went on an online date and she showed up to walk dogs in the park dressed all in black leather like someone from Underworld…kind of hot, but our outfits really clashed. I was wearing overalls with no shirt (jk). Point is, you really can’t tell too much about online folk until you meet them in person. Even the people who satisfy the online superficial qualities you’re looking for are unique snowflakes that may not fit your groove.

you guys could do a xmas thing…bchad dressed as santa and stormy will come as santas little helper

I’ll visit for a charity bang. You’re welcome.

yay Swaney … I’m in NYC weekend of Dec 8. I’m up for CFABB the weekend prior or the weekend after :slight_smile:

FrankArabia is not invited. He’s mean … and he doesn’t have good reading comprehension :wink:

Okie doke. That sucks about NYC Dec 8, I’ll be there the weekend of the 15th! Just missed it!

Oh, just thought of something. Are you really tall? Because my gf’s good friend from growing up is like 6’ (attractive but huge) and she has a tough time just because outside of North Europe she has already eliminated like 95% of guys due to height. Alright, back to business…

I’m not tall and I’ve been on this online thing for literally 16 hours. I have not yet proactively attempted to joing the dating scene- I’ve gone out but I’ve been pretty put off by it instead of making the best out of it. This was a fun rant with complete starangers I have some history with. I will report back on how things go.

I never professed to be a ten. I belive my words were “… not kicked in the face”, but I tend to undervalue myself in many respects. Thats not even the point though- thats why I put grade 6/7 pics out there. I don’t want people reaching out based solely on looks. But what that got me was people reaching out to anything that breaths so maybe I should re-think. Whatever… this will be fun anyhow:) I guess I should just pay the 40 bucks and read these 10 emails I have.

Hmm, before you pay money, I might recommend eharmony over match. For somer reason I liked it better.

My problem is that I’m 27, broke, been unemployed for 3 years and live with my grandmother, but other than that I’m a complete alpha male.

LOV, that stock’s been a screamer. Unfortunately, I missed that, but a couple of friends got on the train near $3.00.

I agree with BlackSwan – would try eharmony if I were going to try any. I know four people who met on that site and got married so maybe the whole chemstry / personality match thing actually works.