reveal yourself weird dude in the coffee shop!

He likes boys. End of story. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

vanz1212 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You know, like the > stories you tell horny fat chicks late night at > bars about having trumpet lessons early in the > morning so you gotta leave and get some sleep Wow, that’s a good one. I love trumpet lessons.

i can totally explain this, but i’ll probably immediately become a pariah. so if you post your email, i can send you an explanation.

tsx, are you the dude?

if tsx was the dude he would already have cfasf’s email.

You’re a bright one! My ability to reason outside of the CFAI framework is currently nil.

tst is the dude.

I’ve given this an inappropriate amount of thought. The ONLY reason I can come up with is that he wanted to see if you would give him the secret gay signal. I think there’s a sercret gay signal when two gay guys meet, and he was fishing for the signal. When he didn’t get it, he made up some bull about level I and went on his way. Still not satisfied, he sent you an e-mail, and included the secret gay signal (the smiley face) in the hopes that you would return it. Since you didn’t, he has had the accept your heterosexuality. BTW, “Javarama” is pretty gay name for a coffee shop. I’m just saying.

wow. this thread is getting some mileage! the secret gay signal? you seriously made me laugh out loud in the library. oh, i forgot to mention i was in a notoriously gay coffee shop in my town. and wearing the outfit george michaels was wearing in that wham video. (if you know which outfit i’m talking about, you may need to re-evaluate things) ummm. no… but the other stuff did happen and it bothered me so i thought i’d post it when i wasn’t studying… we’ll never know unless i send the guy an email. but i probably don’t want to get to know this dude. i also thought tsx might be the dude. but probably not, but i do suspect he’s on the forum somewhere. and cfaboston, yes he was asian/indian, not native american. please share what clue that bit of information gives you.

i’m not the dude, dude. cfaboston28 is on the scent, he’s already figured it out. i’ve seen that kind of behavior before (it was at a work setting for me) and it is incredibly infuriating and plain strange.

i’d love to hear what this type of behavior is…please by all means share with all of us…pleeaazz…ol

Yea, what is with the secrecy surrounding this behavior?

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:58:12 AM > Subject: Re: cfa - javarama :slight_smile: > > Thanks and hope your prep work is going well as > well. > > G Interesting… The “Re:” in the subject line of the email indicates that perhaps you might have sent him an email first. Do we have all the facts?

Hm my first job at out college - the guy who was assigned to train me always sent me e-mails with smiley faces. All sorts of smiley’s like :-; :slight_smile: :smiley: I didn’t know what to do since he was technically my superior. Thought it was so gay. AND to top it off he was engaged to a chick… His mannerisms were pretty gay too…he wasn’t indian so we’re not talking about the same guy.

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hm my first job at out college - the guy who was > assigned to train me always sent me e-mails with > smiley faces. All sorts of smiley’s like > > :-; > :slight_smile: > :smiley: > I didn’t know what to do since he was technically > my superior. Thought it was so gay. AND to top > it off he was engaged to a chick… > > His mannerisms were pretty gay too…he wasn’t > indian so we’re not talking about the same guy. Yeah, that, plus I’m pretty sure there are more than 2 gay guys in the world.

That secrecy thing is very common in that part of the world I guess. People just hide their achievements as they think people will get jealous which may bring onus on them. If you see him again, just slap him without saying a word and run away. They are timid too.

>That secrecy thing is very common in that part of the world I guess. People just hide >their achievements as they think people will get jealous which may bring onus on them. >If you see him again, just slap him without saying a word and run away. They are timid too. I’ve come across this in the workplace, where the person in question was engaged in a very intricate (and ultimately was his demise) game of political gamesmanship. The guy couldn’t tell the truth to anyone (to the extent that he forgot some of his lies) and was constantly trying to screw other guys (not like that) by playing them off one another. Misrepresenting his intentions was a classic ploy that he often employed. Its like he read a little Sun Tzu and was trying to master the art of deception for whatever end he was pursuing. So, in my experience it wasn’t about avoiding people being jealous, but instead someone who wanted to do as little work as possible and entrench himself by standing in the middle of a nightmare of office politics. It ultimately tore the culture of the company apart. Condensed version, but in the end it was really really nasty stuff. Organizational poison. I have tried very hard to remind myself that this was a unique situation and not to apply this as a stereotype.

^ There’s a guy like that at my company. I can safely say there is no one in the world I know who I dislike more. I’m still waiting for his come-uppance. Actually, he’s how I remember a Type I error - keeping managers who are not adding value. He’s my #1 enemy, and he’s adding no value, and they’re keeping him. Type 1 error. Feel free to use that.

> > > Interesting… The “Re:” in the subject line of > the email indicates that perhaps you might have > sent him an email first. > > Do we have all the facts? very good gaoyao, i sent him a flaming lover letter and that was his reply… i’m not sure why i’m posting this, but i’m compelled to. lol. the correspondence before that last one. On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:16 PM, l.net> wrote: Hey Gautam, good luck next month. shoot me a mail if you’ve got questions about the test… Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:08:45 PM Subject: cfa - javarama :slight_smile: Hi John Was good to meet you a few days ago at JavaRama. I thought I would send you a quick email to touch base. I hope to talk to you for a few minutes after the exam is done in December and come up with a study plan for Part 2 exam. Thank you!

Dude, are you SURE he was doing level III qbank? I mean REALLY sure? It’s just too f’ed up. I have to know the answer. I’ll never be happy again until I know the answer.