So where did the plane go?

I don’t think with 6 hours of fuel they can fly to the artic ocean…

Get your brooms!

I think the CIA vaporized it with a new space-based laser. It was the final test before they vaporize Air Force 1 as part of a coup.

Imagine it was a military exercise gone wrong and Malaysian officials are just trying to hide it for as long as possible…

So now we know the plane continued to fly on a different course after its transponder stopped working – with enough fuel for 6 hours. This suggests something intentional happened. What I cannot imagine is the plane actually landing somewhere undetected.

Not much would float, no. Metal sinks. And you’re talking about finding a cabin door somewhere in the area of the size of Texas, maybe larger. To add to the difficulty, it’s hard to spot stuff in the water and that particular part of the world the ocean is full of junk so you’d constantly have false negatives.

You’re pretty much saying if you had a few aircraft you could easily spot Greenman and his Big Green Egg at some random location in Texas. It’s really not easy to do.

What is Alex Jones saying! 9/11 conspiracy connection!

i don’t know, passengers belongings, safety vests, trays and pillows?

But you are right, if the ocean is typically full of debris it would be hard to judge… but i still think that if it crashes somewhere it would be somewhat easily detectable. esp how many countries are looking for them now??

I doubt you’d be able to spot any of those small pieces from the air. Like I said this is a huge area. You can’t search just 10 metres above the water.

What I find amazing is that this day in age an airline wouldn’t put a $250 gps tracking tag on a $250 million asset. I can track my dog via GPS. Why can’t they attach this to a plane…

Uh, because it would kill the dog.

I’m pretty sure there are tracking devices on the plane, but you have to be in range to detect them. Still, this doesn’t help much if the part holding the device is submerged.

Often in overwater crashes, they’ll locate pieces of luggage, airplane seats, etc. But this has to be done visually.

Not with the dog attached, obviously. GPS asset tags exist for tons of transportation and logistics uses now. Lots of transport trucks have these. Shipping containers. And on and on.

There is no uniform GPS deployment on airliners. Airliners are tracked using radar blips. Every once in a while, radar will record the aircraft’s position. A few minutes later, radar records a new position. This is why the Malaysian military says the plane might have headed to the Straights of Malacca. The second to last radar blip showed the plane’s original position in the South China Sea. The next radar blip showed the plane off course and headed in the wrong direction. Then, they don’t know what happened. There is no milisecond up-to-date tracking system, like that which a GPS could have recorded.

if a plane is several miles above ground and traveling 400mph, do you really think all of these articles would be close to each other when or if they reached the ground? especially in an ocean? come on.

Could be possible. Especially with the weird reports the plane was spotted by military radar west of the planned route, despite just disappearing from civilian radar. Wouldn’t have to be Malaysian military either, the US, China, Singapore, and probably others all have assets in the region.

One thing to consider is whether the “blip” the miltary detected is confirmed to be that airliner. With the transponder off, aren’t we simply dealing with an unidentified bounce off some airborne metal object?

Actually laughing out loud.

No, but that’s the point.

If they find some airline safety jacket floating around someone, anywhere, at least they can detect approximately where it is floating from based on currents, etc.

But they found nothing.

As well, there were reports saying that the mobile phones of passengers still receiving signals - ie, calls still go through but no one picks up or sends out messages.

Didn’t think about all the personal electronics that was probably on that plane.

Just run a “find my phone” on all those devices? I’m sure it’s been tried. And I’m sure Apple didn’t design them to function 300m underwater.