Sports Car Recommendation?

2008 Legacy GT Spec-B. It has the 2.5l turbo, 6 speed manual, and handles well. It has a great aftermarket, so the 250hp can easily and safely be taken to ~350/400hp. Subarus handle very well, are mod friendly, and great value. Cons are it’s a 4 door (but it’s understated), and they are a bit harder to work on than other imports (although prices aren’t as expensive as European marks). Here’s a link to one, although I have no idea if this is a good deal, dealer, or car - but should give you an idea of where to start. http://www.renick.subaru.com/used/Subaru/2008-Subaru-Legacy-f633f2f07f000001003c4c339dabe213.htm

Just get a Late-90’s Dodge Viper and upgrade the brakes.

it is all about supra

Awesome list guys, thanks. I am not going to be in the market until bonus season, so I’ll have plenty to look at between now and January. Mustang and 350z are near the top of the list so far. I’ll look at the BMWs mentioned here, but am highly biased against European (plus, everyone where I live drives a BMW – BMW here stands for Basic Marin Wheels (sick)). I am not buying your car Asset :slight_smile:

You know you want it: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v36/152/111/18002067/n18002067_30153205_778.jpg

the r32 is sweet, you should consider it I vote CTS-V, its a Cadillac

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it is all about supra Agreed.

Ski2Much Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I vote CTS-V, its a Cadillac +10 As much as I dislike Caddy’s I would rock one of these. Maybe also consider an XJR Jaguar. Mom had one and it really wasn’t much of a hassle, the only problem is that it is very uninspiring to drive. You will find excellent value in a 2006 GTO.

Suggestion: Honda Civic Type R (European model): 2007 onwards - I think it’s available in the US. Great looking car, superb engine, very driver focused, plenty of luggage space, cheap running costs when compared to the Subaru/Mitsubishi Evo (they guzzle petrol!). K

No Civic Type R in the US, unfortunately. We only get the Civic SI.

CTS-V coupe would be pretty sick. I think they’re like 60 though? I still say Audi S5 or AM’s whip. I’d make him include a brazilian and something from the orient in the back to close the deal though.

I’m really just kidding. At one point in time people would cross shop R32’s with E46 M3/S4’s. It was eerie, the MKIV R32 actually appreciated in price in 2005, some examples changing hands at $32-35K. Representing about a 10-15% premium to the sticker price. Now a nice example can be had for 14-18k :( I really WANT (read: do not need) a 2006/7 BMW Z4 M-Coupe with no navigation or options. Just a nice 6-speed gear box and as little electronics as possible. A nice example can be had under 30k which is a SCREAMING good deal as far as chassis/engine/suspension value/ goes.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The second reason is that the firm I work for has > an unspoken policy of not being too flashy in your > personal life. That probably sounds weird, but I > guess the PM wants to make sure that people are > staying focused on work and not buying really > high-end toys that could distract them, including > cars. Everyone here dresses modestly (no Armani > suits, etc., in fact we all wear t-shirt and > jeans) and everyone drives used or modest cars > (even the boss, who is worth $400M or something > “only” drives a Benz). If I showed up with a > Porsche, that would be a bad career move. I’ve seen that too. A couple of years ago a 22 y/o guy I worked with used to park a yellow Maseratti (sp?). It was a sick car. The normal limit was up to Benz, BMs or Audis < 50K - 60K. Bosses never quite liked the guy but he was good and wouldn’t fire him because of his car.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > As much as I dislike Caddy’s I would rock one of > these. I know right, i think every other model they have is worthless. > > You will find excellent value in a 2006 GTO. at that rate though get one of the new G8 GT’s. any Pontiac is cheep as dirt now and they are all GM parts anyway. jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CTS-V coupe would be pretty sick. I think they’re > like 60 though? ya but i thought he was going to get a used one? either way they are fast. the old one had a z06 engine and the new one is a supercharged ls9 that is from the new ZR1! So even for 60k new you get the power plant of a 111,000k sportscar which is widely regarded as the best sports car to come out of detroit in years. ANDDDDD the CTS-V set the track record at Nürburgring for fastest production sedan… fricking sweet you and 4 hotties can haul ass! ** yes i know the specs arnt the same between the vett and caddy but the engines are very similar. Does this guy know how to drive a stick or is he a city boy? do you guys watch TopGear religiously also?

I hear QQQBEEE is actually the Stig.

Ski2much’s excitement sold me. You should drive a few of the reco’s on here (even the M3 and maybe a 6-series or an M6 if you can swing it). Then buy the one that makes your taint the happiest and a price adjusted basis.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ski2much’s excitement sold me. Im a salesman at heart, thank you. But really i think its a screaming deal and its american and he said he wanted that. > You should drive a few of the reco’s on here (even > the M3 and maybe a 6-series or an M6 if you can > swing it). Then buy the one that makes your taint > the happiest and a price adjusted basis. 100% agree. I would kill two people for a M6 AM suggestion of the Infinity g37 is appealing to if your looking to not stand out How old are you bromion. The car needs to fit the age

Ski2Much Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jcole21 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Ski2much’s excitement sold me. > Im a salesman at heart, thank you. But really i > think its a screaming deal and its american and he > said he wanted that. > > > You should drive a few of the reco’s on here > (even > > the M3 and maybe a 6-series or an M6 if you can > > swing it). Then buy the one that makes your > taint > > the happiest and a price adjusted basis. > > 100% agree. I would kill two people for a M6 > > AM suggestion of the Infinity g37 is appealing to > if your looking to not stand out > > How old are you bromion. The car needs to fit the > age My buddy has a G37AWD sedan - I’ve driven it - that engine is NICE. The coupe’s are very nice. You could get one for upper 20’s nicely optioned - reliable, sporty, and nicely appointed…

The new 370Z has some neat-o features, like rev-matching downshifts, clutchless upshifts (which you can do in any manual car but this one has a system to not nuke your tranny)… One thing though, upgrade the brake pads if you plan on doing any kind of aggressive driving.

Inner Evil Voice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bromion Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The second reason is that the firm I work for > has > > an unspoken policy of not being too flashy in > your > > personal life. That probably sounds weird, but > I > > guess the PM wants to make sure that people are > > staying focused on work and not buying really > > high-end toys that could distract them, > including > > cars. Everyone here dresses modestly (no Armani > > suits, etc., in fact we all wear t-shirt and > > jeans) and everyone drives used or modest cars > > (even the boss, who is worth $400M or something > > “only” drives a Benz). If I showed up with a > > Porsche, that would be a bad career move. > > I’ve seen that too. A couple of years ago a 22 y/o > guy I worked with used to park a yellow Maseratti > (sp?). It was a sick car. The normal limit was up > to Benz, BMs or Audis < 50K - 60K. Bosses never > quite liked the guy but he was good and wouldn’t > fire him because of his car. Salary 50k-60k? If you are spending more then 1/8 of your disposable on the car - you are craaaazzzyyyy