Stanley Cup 2016

Fox Sports used to put a glowing blue orb around the puck (that changed to red when it was shot) so that ''mericans could follow the play. But you’ll get used to it. It’s the best game out there, nothing beats hockey (and I’m a general sports fan other than basketball).

last year?

Too black for you?

What happened to the Hawks the last few years is the best example of the difference between today’s salary cap era and the dynasty eras of yesteryear. The Hawks have lost several solid players in the last few years and at some point it will catch up. Patrick Sharpe, Dustin Byfuglien and Game 7 hero Troy Brouwer provided depth that gets harder to replace.

Cubs were good last year, but they weren’t dominant until they hit their stride in August when Arrietta suddently decided he wanted to win the Cy Young and Babe Ruth Jr showed up from the minors.

Yeah there’s a ton of pressure on the GM to make smart moves. Unfortunately he pretty much gave away Patrick Sharpe (is Trevor Daley even in the league anymore?) and traded away a bunch of first round draft picks. That salary cap is a bitch.

Crosby vs Ovechkin tonight. Not really a rivalry if you ask me mainly because it has been one sided. Crosby beat him at the World Juniors, beat him in the playoffs and beat him at the Olympics. I’m pretty sure if they played rock paper scissors or coin flipping Crosby would also win.

What we sipping on tonight during the caps game?

Blue Buck ale.

are the caps the best lockdown chokers?

^ The team that blew the most 3-1 series leads in NHL history and they only came in existence 40 years ago.

As far as individual choker, Bruce Boudreau is 1-7 in Game 7s. His team was favorite in each one of those games.

i read earlier that the ducks lost 4 straight game 7s at home and 4 straight series after leading 3-2

Caps Bros!!

The worst news in the playoffs so far is the Leafs winning the draft lottery. I have the bad feeling Stamkos is signing with them.

figured caps fall apart eventually but not in game 3 right bros?

^ Its possible Pittsburgh won’t have Letang for the rest of the series after that hit. Their defensive depth is awful, they’re in big trouble.

pitt doesnt need letang, caps cant score a goal

Caps bros. they made it exciting for a minute

Solid curb-stomping by the Blues last night!

Blues bros!