The decision

I call BS, you actually have a friend attending Rotman’s who you’ve already convinced to join you and your other buddy at U of M. NYU fans will be burning your VBA code in the streets when you leave and you’ll also get a spiteful letter from the Dean. Bottom line though, you have a good chance of winning the NCAA championship if you can beat those guys from UCLA.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok lets take a final vote. Just post your vote and > i will announce my decision live on analyst forum > sometimes next week. > > Stay tuned Go. Regarding the comment that NYU part-time is easy, all MBA programs are as easy or challenging as you want them to be.

It sounds like CSK is not going. Too much indecision. Personally I think Stern blew its chance to positioning itself as a top-tier business school with that part time program, but it’s not a bad option if you have a nice job/company/career track now and don’t want to move.

Inner Evil Voice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Personally I think Stern blew its chance to > positioning itself as a top-tier business school > with that part time program, but it’s not a bad > option if you have a nice job/company/career track > now and don’t want to move. Stern is top-tier in finance only, and that’s a stretch. Nonetheless for a lot of people it can help with pedigree.

Go to U of P instead. Better value for money.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Inner Evil Voice Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Personally I think Stern blew its chance to > > positioning itself as a top-tier business > school > > with that part time program, but it’s not a bad > > option if you have a nice job/company/career > track > > now and don’t want to move. > > Stern is top-tier in finance only, and that’s a > stretch. > > Nonetheless for a lot of people it can help with > pedigree. It is the only part-time MBA in NYC that is decent. If Columbia would offer part-time i would apply there too

Will Jim Grey be interviewing you?

Deadline is approaching… what should i do?

dude, you’re relying on a bunch of anonymous posters to make an important decision for you? You applied for a reason, what was it? Do you still feel the same way you do when you decided to apply? When you thought of applying, there were some benefits you had in mind that you thought would help you with your career. Have those benefits/opportunities significantly changed over the last few months? If not, then why are you still thinking about it?

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dude, you’re relying on a bunch of anonymous > posters to make an important decision for you? You > applied for a reason, what was it? Do you still > feel the same way you do when you decided to > apply? > > When you thought of applying, there were some > benefits you had in mind that you thought would > help you with your career. Have those > benefits/opportunities significantly changed over > the last few months? If not, then why are you > still thinking about it? Because it is an option, and you never exercise an option early

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Because it is an option, and you never exercise an > option early Not true.

All I’m saying is its your time and money (or maybe fully subsidized) that will be invested, so even if you get 20 anonymous responses, we still will not make the decision for you. Explore the curriculum, the networking abilities, and even some extracurriculars (if possible) and see whether this is something you would like to do for the next 3 years. Think about whether work will suffer because of it, or if doing this program will have you consider other fields. If so, then I’d say think some more about it as you may really want a full-time program. But, if you’re set on IT mgmt and believe MBA is a rarity in this field and will help you career, why are you still thinking?

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is the only part-time MBA in NYC that is > decent. If Columbia would offer part-time i would > apply there too Columbia does have an “accelerated” program with the summer replacing a fall semester. So you would start Jan 2011 and be done May 2012. It is FT, though. I’d say go for it. I think an MBA can be very helpful in IT mgmt.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Because it is an option, and you never exercise > an > > option early > > > Not true. Your not true is true.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jcole21 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Because it is an option, and you never > exercise > > an > > > option early > > > > > > Not true. > > > Your not true is true. Trrrruuuuueeeeeeeeeee.

How much does it cost? I’d say go, considering it myself. If you are already making a decent amount over $100k and have a path continually increasing that comp doing a full time MBA starts to make a lot less sense. Part-time all the way.

Thanks everyone for the input. I’ve decided to go and submitted my deposit and now waiting on Kroll verification which make me nervous as i might have made +/- 2k when reporting my last year bonus - I am not sure about the exact amount as i tried to dig up my bonus figures from taxes/payroll and didn’t find any reliable information as to the exact pretax #. Unfortunately my bonus was announced to me verbally and i don’t have any papers except increase in my paycheck for that one period. Hopefully that won’t be a show stopper

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve decided to go !!! Congrats! let me know when you’re hiring

congrats. I wouldn’t worry about the Kroll.

Congrats! I have a friend in the PT NYU MBA program right now…but, classes already started…how can you start so late CSK?