The term "correction"

Nor will Morningstar or Zephyr. Which makes sense. I mean, who really cares about the Dow anyway?

Corrections follow erections. Sorry. Slow day.

Predicting corrections is silly, and people define it differently, but most people define it, mathemathically, as a 10% minimum downside, before trending upwards and hitting its previous top.

^ I know that most people say 10%, but what is so significant about that magnitude of a drop? And why should it universally constitute a “correction?”

To me, most blowhards who speak this way resemble dancing parrots in miniature suits – and they are just confident enough with their bull$h!t to be dangerous.

I dunno. Why do we count using base 10 instead of something more sensible like base 2 or base 12?

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfCJgC2zezw]

Your answer comes at about 2:25.

^ Exactly. The only reason base 10 seems so sensible to us is the fact that we inherently have evolved our mathematical comprehension based on the original calculators Mother Nature provided us with – the number of fingers on our hands.

Exactly, so 10% is an arbitrary number based on the fact that we tend to think in groups of 10s and 10ths unless there is a specific reason to choose another. No specific reason to choose anything else, so 10% is a correction.

(I actually thought of using the Tom Lehrer reference for octal, but if ran out of fingers.)

I’m only aware of 10 digits, beginning at 0 and ending at 9. Are there more digits out there in the scientific/mathematical world that I’m not aware of?

Yes there are (try hexadecimal). And if we were all born with six fingers, we would have made them available to the masses.

10 definitely is an arbitrary number. In america, we dont use the metric system because our way is better.

Digging this one up since I’m hearing it everywhere again, and I’m about to go out of my mind…

tell us how u feel

It’s a trader’s market as the smart money is taking profits.

Profits?

lol

On a magician’s forum on which I post, I’ve learned that:

• I would describe the recent downturn as a correction, and that
  • The downturn is my fault

Hmmm.

Okay, so I know there’s very little difference between that and me posting on the Skyrim subreddit, but for some reason I laughed my ass off at this.

If I’ve brightened your day even one little bit, then my mission here is done.

Perhaps I can return the favor, though you’ve probably seen this already…it’s pretty amazing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAN-PwRfJcA

*I swear I’m not Rick Rolling this time. Seriously, click that link to see something cool.