"The Wolf of Wall Street" -- starring Leonardo DiCaprio

Here’s a tip, don’t click on the fcking thread!

Ludes, I heard about them via Dennis Learly circa 2000.

+1

Correct, shouldn´t have, thx!

I still think parts of the story were fabricated and the real Jordan Belfort looks and sounds like a used car salesman. A real sleaze ball

Nice acting, that’s about it.

The secret life of Walter Mitty was surprisingly good though…give it a watch

My problem is finding a 3 hour gap in my life to watch this movie. It’s a bigger challenge than I thought.

I read the book and thought the movie was better. Leo is a better Belfort than Belfort is and deserves the Oscar for the performance. Margot Robbie just made herself a star too. Her accent bothered me, but considering she’s Australian and beautiful she gets a pass. I actually thought Jonah Hill was very funny in the movie, and read many of his lines were ad-libbed.

I saw it twice in three days, once with my boys and once with my wife (who also read the book and knew what to expect) but neither time did the length seem like an issue. Several great scenes that will probably become classics.

I also sat behind a woman who appeared to be in her 90s the second time and she made it through the whole thing (though it may have been because her walker was ten feet away from her).

Time for the first movie quote of the year only Higgs or TF will probably get.

“People on ludes should not drive!”

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he’s got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

LOL, so the production, story and direction were crappy? This is just a funny thing to say. Like: “Leonardo DiCaprio? He’s a good actor, but that’s about it.”

The best part of that whole scene is the next morning at school when Spicoli is dressed like a cat burgler for no reason.