To Black Swan, with love

It is not a DHT blocker, but a selective 5AR2 inhibitor, which is a very different mechanism, and it doesn’t reduce the body’s ability to “absorb T”. On the contrary, tissues that are sensitive to T (or even DHT from 5AR1) will be getting more stimulation from androgens. You don’t need to rationalize it, it’s actually true.

Haha true. Being called a “product’’ rage blinded me for a sec, so I missed the following sentence which softens it somewhat. I gotta get used to being objectified or I’ll lose it on someone one day.

I still disagree that men would have less baggage by 30 than women, simply because of bio clock. One has nothing to with the other.

I find this myself. that’s why I have friends that literally won’t date girls ~26~28+, many of those girls exceeded their college years and realize they haven’t found “the guy” or that they were playing around so much they never thought about it. And their parents start adding pressure to them… and they see friends/cousins getting married and having babies…

and oh boy does the Biological Alarm START RINGING

No you don’t. I hate it when women just give up and cave into having this sort of attitude. Don’t “get used to it.” Get fat. Then no one will objectify you.

I understand what you’re trying to say but it definitely more or less stops production of DHT which will impact the body’s ability to absorb testosterone. If you’re that out of shape that you need to womanize yourself to try to bulk up a bit, go for it, I guess?

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/medications/propecia-finasteride/

"DHT is formed by the action of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase on testosterone. Finasteride is a drug that works by blocking the enzyme 5-alpha reductase Type II that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the hair follicle. Propecia, the brand name for finasteride, is the only FDA approved oral medication for hair loss.

Finasteride causes a significant drop in both scalp and blood levels of DHT and its effect is felt to be related to both of these factors. Finasteride 1-mg/day decreases serum DHT levels by almost 70%. Serum testosterone levels actually increased by 9%, but this is within the range of normal."

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/the-not-so-hard-truth-about-hair-loss-drugs-20121115

"After multiple visits to the doctor and a battery of tests, Jeff learned he was suffering from low testosterone, and the likely cause shocked him. “I’ll be on hormone therapy for the rest of my life,” he says, “because of Propecia.”

Dr. Michael Irwig of George Washington University surveyed 71 regular Propecia users to find that 94 percent suffered low libido, 92 percent experienced erectile dysfunction, and 92 percent had decreased sexual arousal. What’s more, the survey showed that some side effects could last an average of 40 months after patients discontinued use of the drug, bucking the commonly held perception that the cure for any unwanted symptom is simply to stop taking the pill."

And this too:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/baldness-drug-propecia-long-lasting-possibly-permanent-sexual/story?id=16758123

Except it’s not true, DHT is a hormone that is locally active, and serum levels of DHT are pretty irrelevant. Tissues that contain 5AR1 or the ones that respond to T directly won’t be affected. There’s pretty much no basis for the assertion that you’re “womanizing” yourself.

That quote focuses on men who were known to have side effects from the drug, no kidding, it’s pretty much circular reasoning. Irwig’s site pretty much ignores the huge numbers of men that have benefited from the drug. It’s pretty dumb.

Always…no, no…never forget to check your references.

I think the young people enjoy it when I “get down” with them verbally, don’t you?

I mean I gotta learn to ignore it.

But hey, I am so going for a piece of chocolate cake right now…

This removed any doubt that this is an imposter. He has returned

Hey man, go for it. I mean, on bodybuilder.com they all pretty much clearly said don’t use it as a T booster for the same reasons I’m laying out. Not to mention that testosterone levels have been shown to drop after your body adjusts, just leaving you with a bunch of woman parts, but if you’re desperate to lose that belly and have that much of a testosterone deficit, the shrinking balls are in your court.

I’m mostly concerned that bchad has this much knowledge on pubescent girls.

Masculine menarche is probably even more fun. Presumably it involves a hacksaw…

“woman parts”? That’s among the dumbest things I’ve heard, T levels are maintained even after your body “adjusts”. And no, I didn’t take it as a T booster, but specifically for hair.

If you grew “woman parts”, I understand your bitterness, it’s worked for me, so no complaints.

I thought BS was going with the surgery? Did you have a change of heart and just decide to own it? Much better decision, IMO.

Yeah, I shaved it down like marine short and it seems to work for me. But it helped that I had the build for it. If I had a darker complexion I’d really be set but overall I’m pretty happy with it. I saved a bundle on hair cuts and my dating life notably improved pretty much back to where it was in my hayday. Until of course things went a bit to far with that 21 y/o.

Well it sounds like you’ve just started, so good luck. I believe I have concrete evidence to the contrary about the woman parts but did notice I pronounced decline in sex drive after the first year. I was very fortunate that I quit early and the effects went away. I just count myself lucky on that one, ish was unnerving.

You probably have a darker complexion than I do so I have a feeling the buzzed head look will work even better for you. A+ highly recommended to go that route instead and just work out hardcore. You’ll get the T boost from naturally from the workouts and by losing fat tissue and gaining muscle. All together you’ll be better off than playing roulette with your man parts.

So basically bs took propecia, got bitch tits and is now pretty angry about it…

Time will tell, but I still believe you have the best options between 35 and 40.

That’s a damn good thread. Don’t ruin it by messing up the title of it.

you don’t have to take propecia to get man boobs. I’ve never taken propecia in my life and I got tits.