To cut or not to cut?

Western states as in west of the rockies, or western countries? I don’t believe the former at all and the latter isn’t an important statistic for American kids.

Western states as in west of the Rockies. Source is the CDC.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/circumcision_2013/circumcision_2013.pdf

So what is the theory as to why western states have these lower rates? Has to be a demographic issue, no? Larger Latino population in in the SW perhaps?

And why is the standard error for the western stats so much higher than the other categories?

I have often thought about it in terms of a piece of skin over another piece of my body and what I would do with it. For instance, if I had a foreskin on my big toe and it required additional cleaning in addition to some people saying it could add to my chance of illness, I would hacksaw it in a second.

Cut it off. It causes no harm, it will probably be cleaner and has a chance of reducing illness down the road.

I would lean toward demographics, large Latino and Asian population relative to the rest of the country. No idea why SE is so much higher, but interesting that the SE jumped in 2008 along with a jump in the percent cut. I’m no statistician, but that would suggest to me that the pre-2008 percentages are far more reliable.

I hate to say it but do it… Some women can get really weird about it if it’s not.

Not a dealbreaker for me but I have to admit it’s better in many ways…

AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Greenie I think you have enough opinions here to have your boy cut if you want him to be a real man. Krnyc what is your opinion on this?

Western states are now populated by leftist hippies and mexicans. If you want your kid to fit in with them then I’d say don’t cut.

Otherwise, cut. SAY NO to snufalufagus cock

Two phrases come to mind as I wait for the doctors to take me back to the OR:

exciting is hardly the word I would choose.

Here goes nothing.

My boy Elliot Hulse posted this vid a few days back and i found it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_zkKciuIpA&feature=youtu.be

why cut when the health benefits are minimal?

I didn’t even know there was such a thing as a foreskin until I was maybe 12 years old.

Because looking like a scared turtle isn’t a great look.

I asked my female coworker/friend and she said that she would do it if was her kid. “i mean not to sound vulgar but ive never seen one that wasnt and would prob think ‘ew’ if i did.”

good answer

i wouldn’t read too much into what she said.

if every guy is circumcized pretty sure they’d want to ‘try’ someone who wasn’t.( if the whispers about american dorm parties are anywhere near true)

Very possible. It’s stupid, but women tend to go “ew” on many things unfortunately. And imagine this happens to be the first girl he is with - psychological trauma right there.

isildurr, are u circumcized?

LOL. The next thing she mentioned was “to save their child years of therapy time they should.” So that’s two girls on the same exact page.

Where Isildurr and I hail from, only muslims are circumcised.