^ +1 MLA.

So far I haven’t died. And things have tried to kill me. The last time I got really sick, I got better afterwards. Therefore, I am immortal.

Its the same with jobs.

i think you misunderestimate humans. true we’ve done our best to turn them into this:

but humans have found a way to survive and thrive for almost 2016 years now and I think they’ll figure out whatever is in store for them. unless it’s an asteroid, then we’re all fucked.

Wait, when do you think the human species began?

the year zero duh.

You’re just trolling us right?

his name is turd. i’m positive he’s trolling.

what are you saying there was a year -1? LMAO…zips.

+1

Had a short discussion with a plumber/electrician

He made $180K last year. Holy Jesus…

^Never happened.

In Texas (and probably in most states), a person is either a plumber or an electrician. These are two very distinct careers with different education tracks, different licensing bodies, and different code sections. It is highly unlikely that somebody is both an electrician and a plumber.

It may be that the guy runs a plumbing and electricity business but contracts out the actual plumbing and electrics work to people with the licenses. That would be consistent with both the high pull and the ability to say they do both. He’s like the Uber of plumbing and electrics.

That’s not surprising for one that runs his own shop. These are good careers as they are tangibly required, can’t be outsourced and much can’t be automated. Skilled labour and artisans will have place in society. Unskilled labour and peon knowledge workers are completely hooped.

I guess so, that guy wasn’t working on something he was there to talk with landlady…

We had a good chat about what he thinks about the future of this business? His son has done instrumentation course in Toronto and coming down here to help him in his business. He owns 2 houses and has no debt… his dad retired 5 years ago and now enjoying his trip in europe.

^ I think this generation needs to realise that there isn’t a ticket to $180k. You’ll have to be born on second or third base, or hustle on your own to find some niche to exploit. Otherwise, you’ll be condemned to a barely comfortable but never financially independent existence at best. You can’t look at this guy and say, oh, his plumbing credential let him earn that much. No. It’s not the credential at all. It’s that he took the risk to run his own shop. Start thinking about your niche rather than collecting letters.

Totally agree with what you’ve just said.

99% accurate!!

Except for the part where he says “I don’t have a problem with income equality.” What he meant to say was that he doesn’t have a problem with income INequality. #liberalArtsCanHelpWithThat