Uber in India

^Gotta hand it to the Germans. They’re efficient at everything they do.

love this guy

Sounds like a Saffer is still pissed Gandhi showed the world what South Africa really was. A White supremacist nation built on black blood.

South African Virgin cleanisng myth

That’s a great post Ohai. It is true that Sweden has a abnormally high rape problem and before some people start to apply mental gymnastics saying classification of rape is different keep which is true it does not account for such a large disparity leaving Sweden a curious case.

I am unsure where you are going with other metrics like freedom of speech etc that the USA falsely prides itself on being the leader in neither am I sure what areas like economics, personal opportunity and the convergence of emerging nations towards developed ones have with the unique crime of rape. Whether the Germans under report the crime because of cultural differences is pure speculation.

What we do know is that even with the advancement in women rights, stigma has still kept the reporting rape low and in addition to disillusionment regarding the conviction rate and campuses resorting to protecting themselves in addition to various factors like placing the victim and assailant in the same room during trial has led to more women shunning the system entirely. Further factors like shock keeping women reporting the crime within the first few days in addition to realizing the fact that rape kits would be of no help when they finally decide to come forward and the picture becomes even more stark. I haven’t even touched the messy topic of women falsely accusing men of rape while under influence leading to hostile attitudes from police forces towards actual rape victims who come forward which seems to be a strange by product of American college ‘culture’ in addition to the mainstream awareness of rohypynols dark side which is almost unheard of in Europe (maybe apart from UK) and the developing world.

Agencies like these and these doing good work have the unreported rape in the USA at deperessingly high percentages nor have we touched things likes family rape for which there is almost no research.

In addition the clusterfuck above there are still asshat American politicians with neanderthal attitudes like these. At the end of the day rape seems to transcend the dividers between the developed and developing world and the whole hyper sensationalism smacks of cultural elitism.

Would marital sex in India be classified as rape at Berkeley?

Another reason why Germany has a lower rate? Legalized prostitution…

The accused has the sixth amendment right to confront his accuser. This notion that women are somehow too fragile to confront the person their accusing of rape is a bit outdated. Perhaps it may have flown back when some women were virgins. But not in today’s loosey goosey society where nobody really cares if a woman had sex with some dude.

In the US, rape is really one-sided to benefit the accuser. It is, to my knowledge, the only crime (with the exception of those including a minor) whereby the accuser can remain completely anonymous and the accused can be publicly shamed based on the accusation alone. A number of lives have been destroyed in this way.

Of course some rapes in the US are not reported because the victims feel shamed or intimidated. However, that is not the point, which is that even more rapes are probably not reported in countries like India, where law enforcement is less efficient and women are less empowered. Other acts of sexual violence, like marital rape as mentioned above, are not even considered criminal in India.

I accept that the US and similar countries still have social issues. However, this should not detract us from illuminating the even more serious social issues in other countries, as was the original topic of this thread.

Incidentally, I looked at an apartment once that was rented by the Berkeley rapist company. I did not end up staying there…

According to the FBI, about 28% of “unreported” rapes go unreported because the alleged victim felt intimidated. Other reasons for not reporting include reporting to other authorities (i.e. school officials) and not thinking it was a big deal (meaning it probably wasn’t even rape).

Ding ding ding. You used the code word “Yank.” You have been awared a complimentary “Hi, I’m Isuldurr” sticker!

India smells.

I don’t think zidhai is isildurr, as isildurr was able to write in legible sentences. Now, XRAY, on the other hand…

For the Indians, I expected better. The superior race in mathametics should understand two things immediately:

1. We need normalized numbers. Per capita or something.

2. Rape isn’t easily observable. The people have to report it. Are Bill Cosby’s thirty thousand included in our number? How many people report fake rapes? How many people do not report rapes? What percentage of rapes per country is reported?

also, if 8 assailants are involved in the incident, does that count as 8 rapes? i surely wouldn’t consider 8 on 1 the same as 1 on 1 but i’m sure these statistics do.

Not this again.

ChickenTikka just can’t let this go it seems. India + news of rape = half-assed post from TRH.

Ask and you shall recieve.

Rape stats on a per capita basis

The lovely Saffers lead at 132 per 100,000 by far away greater than USA at 27.8 and far greater than India’s 1.8.

I am not sure a unreported rate nearing 60% can be classified as ‘some’. The idea that the unreported rate is higher in emerging nations and their numbers should be higher could be valid but is of course again mental gymnastics and deflecting from the current problem of the USA and Britain having a serious rape problem. Keep in mind that while their methods of classification is similar to other developed nations we do not see the cluster together on a per capita basis. The USA and Britain are substantially greater per capita compared to Ireland, Canada, Spain and other first world developed nations.

Maybe you could educate us on infant mortality rates among countries. And be sure not to normalize for what is considered a live birth…Or maybe healthcare results without adjusting for lifestyle choices…Always useful analysis…Do you really think women on american college campuses live in fear of rape?..Having laid a little pipe in America, I have not detected much apprehension…Might want to put down Rolling Stone…

The news story here isn’t a rape in India - that’s as common as masala chai in India. The news story is using Uber to rape someone. I mean, this is really the dumbest criminal on the planet.

What percentage of US rape claims are false accusations? And how much does it offset the “unreported” numbers?

http://nation.com.pk/entertainment/10-Aug-2012/world-s-smelliest-man-in-india

You have to be pretty damn smelly to be the smelliest man in India…