Vote: Worst / Most Annoying Pundit on Financial News

^ *woosh*

I know who Trish Regan is. She’s one of the many lovelies I fell in love with on the Today Show (along with Savannah Guthrie and Natalie Morales.

Why do you watch financial tv?..

Huh, Cramer must’ve recommended it.

Yes, forgot her on that list :stuck_out_tongue: And Alix Steele

Doug Kass

He’s been calling a top in the market since roughly S&P 1600

I find it annoying everytime I read a tweet from him that reiterates that call

Santelli often starts with a semi-legitimate gripe and then blows it out of proportion to a ridiculous extent. It’s funny except that it’s not supposed to be.

I’ve just been shipped to India to trade regional stuff so been watching the local financial news. No matter how annoying you think Santelli or Cramer are - they are nowhere near as annoying as their Indian counterparts.

CNBC India and Bloomberg India are such a disaster - I wish someone gave them proper financial training before getting them to cover markets for professionals.

Examples? I’m curious.

Not sure if I can find relevant clips but CNBC here has got Latha Venkatesh and Sonia Shenoy coverying live markets and because they very rarely have any novel piece of analysis/report to discuss, they are compelled to continuosly read how individual stocks/indices are performing (e.g. reliance is up x, Tata up y, SBI up z…) - which makes you question, why would anyone listen to them? We can read that ourselves on the terminal…

And the best of all, when something big really does happens, i.e. when you do want a reporter to cover something in breadth - they go for an advert. Probably to get some research guy or industry expert to comment, wihch is why I wish they knew a bit more than they do so they can offer something more than a text-to-speech service.

That said, Sonia is a stunner alright - I can only wish i bump into her one day :slight_smile:

Yes, it is studied fairly often. The methological key is whether to include lightning round in the analysis or not. Some people say these should not be included, because he is just going off the dome. Others say they should be included, because they still represent buy/sell. I believe the former, some believe the latter. Some studies say he does well, others say he doesn’t. Found this one funny:

Regardless of which model the authors use, they find that Cramer fails to deliver statistically significant alpha, and their evidence suggests that Cramer joins the Wall Street analyst herd when he makes his recommendations.

http://www.cfapubs.org/doi/full/10.2469/dig.v42.n4.68

Almost seems like they were 1 step away from using hacksaw in their research.

I’m so sorry.

Well, at least there will be color in his life compared to the bland nothingness of Canada.

interesting read. thanks for the link

It’s decent from trading standpoint. IMO problems start when you have to ask someone else to deliver on a piece of work or something - either it’s not done on time or it doesn’t meet your expectations >70% of the time.

The good old motto comes in handy - Keep calm and carry on!