What kind of wasteful spending do you do?

Eh. I am the opposite of you. All my clothes are like crap. I buy sneakers, run 300 miles, then use them as normal shoes. Yesterday, I was trying to find shirts but everything had holes. However, I have one f*ing expensive watch that I wear every day. I think it is good to indulge in one pet expense and get it out of the system. Otherwise, I am liable to go buy sports cars or some other expensive thing.

A wise man once told me there are 2 things worth spending on: shoes and mattresses.

-Dropped $400 on dinner to celebrate an anniversary on Saturday

-I will only wear custom-fitted dress clothes and suits. Used to spend $100-200 a pop on shirts and pants with an American clothier, but now get them from a very good Thai clothier at half the price and much better quality. Probably buy 3-5 new shirts and a couple new suits a year.

Well, I guess to be fair, I only buy one kind of sneakers that I have found to be the optimal fit.

back when i was making more, I would go shoot my guns. you can empty a 30 round magazine of 5.56 and be out $15 in a few seconds. Almost always spent over $100 with range fees.

Nice shoes are part of the uniform, not wasteful.

Cloth.

“It is like wiping your @ss with silk; I love it!”

In some countries I believe it’s your left hand.

If you wash them in the dishwasher you save money and don’t have to spend any extra on laundry.

I spent $6k on a Tempur-Pedic a few years ago. Now I get the best sleep I’ve ever gotten in my life.

Did it take a while to get used to it? We bought a pretty expensive mattress with a 3 or 4 inch memory foam top and couldn’t stand it because we were way too warm. We returned it after 2 or 3 days.

sleep number is the way to go.

You guys are all fat cats with your fancy mattresses. I’ll sleep well knowing how much I saved on this Craigslist edition:

@HIggs - Don’t know how long it took me to get used to it. I fell asleep too fast.

There is one bad thing about memory foam - those certain “adult activities” aren’t nearly as much fun as they are on a spring mattress.

speaking of massages, i think that might fall under wasteful spending. i get one every other month or so but i’m not sure it has any actual health benefits.

Not counting my mortgage, my kids’ tennis lessons are my most expensive item. And they are not THAT good.

^ It would have been a worthwhile investment if they could win the US Open a few times.

Can’t wait to teach my kid tennis. That if he will pick any sport, as at this point, he is more into building blocks.

You know the saying, you can tell who’s not getting any s3x by who owns a tempur pedic. Worst type of mattress for that activity.

I wasted 250 French Francs in a shell game on a flea market in Paris 15 years ago…

In some posts I recognize investing rather than “wasteful spending”…