What to do (typical AF relationship thread )

@TF… because it is not just about having a lot of time to myself. I like being able to look into my future and be able to complete write the story how I want to. I place a HUGE value on that. In addition, I hate sleeping in the same bed as someone. I dislike traveling with people. When I have a problem I don’t like talking it out. So, why go through the cost of working on a healthy relationship if you are specifically looking for one you don’t partake in much? What is the point of that?

This is probably the thorn in the side for most who would like to be on their own. I am “lucky”. Maybe it is all the years of endurance sports, but I am practically asexual. It has been couple years for me. I don’t really care. It is fun to think about, but…meh

yea you should stay single. i have a lot of the same feelings you have towards people in general – i’d rather do most things alone. but i really enjoy the company of my wife. she’s one of the only people i really like to be around more than a few hours at a time (my kids included…j/k…kinda).

i thought maybe you were like me and just needed to find the right person to be around, but that doesn’t sound like you.

^Interesting. The endurance sports comment. Seen some data to support the assertion.

+1000 on sleeping alone. Been an issue in all my relationships. I use my guest bedrooms. Lol Not really funny. But makes me laugh. Not my companions so much.

^i used to be the same way w/ respect to sleeping alone and wanting to be alone most of the time (in fact i still really enjoy the latter). I was always on the school of thought that we were meant to sleep alone, in fact, I had a LT gf who i made go home after sex, poor girl, for almost two years. Now, and this is the truth, i cant sleep without my girl being in the bed with me.

^My issue is one of physical comfort and heat. Unfortunately, I don’t see that changing. I sneak out to another room after sex, since we are sharing.

^I’m very similar to KMD. Endurance sports, LOVE being alone, traveling alone, sleeping alone. I’m very outgoing, but prefer most of my time in solitary mode. Having a family thrust on me has been a bit of an adjustment.

Jeez. I didn’t know endurance sports can fuck you up like that

I’m very comfortable in groups, I’m a six foot three Greek god after all, but I choose to spend a lot of time on my own. Maybe there’s more of us than we think. Fewer solitary women out there i would guess.

I hadn’t heard that before, I’m not that low of drive though so I dunno. This article says any effects would have been temporary. http://www.outsideonline.com/1786681/will-endurance-training-hurt-my-sex-life

This is really cool, guys. Much better response compared to the thread I bumped. TF… your situation sounds really nice, I am happy for you. Ghibli, I hope your SO can manage to not take your sleeping alone personally. I think that situation is more common that people think. WYG… that’s adorable.

I think my main point that I wanted to get across is not one of choosing solitude or a family or a SO. I think the underlying idea is that self analysis is under appreciated and many keep struggling because they have not taken the time to reflect and figure it out. End of story.

I’m taking away your woman card. Maybe it’s a better way to be. Not necessarily messed up.

How do you not like golf?

If you stop training. And extreme endurance is a whole different animal from what I’ve read.

Dup

huh, a bunch of introverts who spend a good portion of their day on a financial analyst forum. now i’ve heard it all.

stop it, be nice :slight_smile:

But hey, it is one less thing to worry about. Does make life a lot less complicated. But sometimes I miss being really really selacious :-/

Hey PA… How do YOU handle the situation???

This is the key. SamCryBaby, learn this. Ask yourself not ‘why isn’t she telling me why she’s cold’ but ‘why do i care that she’s not telling me’

+1