What's your favorite breed of dog?

My husky had several kills to her credit. The ones I know of: a rat, a chicken, a robin, a squirrel, and more flies and bees than I can count.

rhodesian ridgeback is nice. i wanted one

Yes, they are the primary child care providers in Australia.

So my wife found two dogs on Craigslist.

The first one is a teacup Austrailian Shepherd. 10 week-old girl.

The second one is an eight-year-old golden Labrador boy.

I told her that I wanted to look at the lab, because it won’t chew everything up, and because it’s a “real” dog. I hate little rate dogs like yorkies and miniature dachsunds. Plus, if we get him, and we decide that owning a dog really sucks, he’ll die in a few years anyway.

She wants to look at the rat dog. She thinks that “it will grow up with our kids”. How sweet. Until you realize that we’ll probably have the dog after the kids are gone to college. And I don’t want a little ankle-humper dog.

Thoughts?

Remember that I have two kids–almost two and four. And I’m really lazy, so no dogs with a lot of energy.

What’s a teacup aussie? Sounds cute, but probably overbred no?

edit- even if it’s just a mini aussie, it’s not a “rat dog”- rat dogs are spoiled bratty lap dogs. At least a mini aussie is a mini working dog.

What about a corgi? That’s basically a mini aussie. It’s a working breed too right, and super smart.

LOL

I’ve always had a dream to own an old english sheepdog.

Small dogs are my favorite. They taste the best. The corgi legs make nice little drumsticks.

My wife owns a husky,for some weird reason she hates me.But husky puppies are the best

In order of coolness

Boxer

Doberman

Pug

Well, it’s a moot point now. We met the lab yesterday, and since yesterday afternoon, we have a 75-lb. white labrador named Colt. So far, he’s been a good dog to the kids. I like him.

I have a 15yo Korean Jindo – my faithful companion for the last 13 years.

If everyone here does the hours they say they do i.e.12hr + days etc…how do you find time to look after a dog? Isn’t it in the house all day being sad?.

#CavalierKingCharlesSpaniel

#BestDogBreed #HandsDown

Ever try their ribs on the BBQ? Succulent.

Dog walkers, doggie daycares… I had an opportunity to adopt a 6 month old that wasn’t working out on the ranch (just wasn’t meant to be a farm dog, I guess, can’t blame him) a while ago, and I really wanted a companion but couldn’t justify it. But there were options like dog walkers and daycares. There’s a few in my neighborhood.

If it’s a smaller dog, you could probably leave them at home (not an apt maybe, but an actual house)

My upstairs neighbor I swear has a 100 lb dog. He’s cute (the dog) but it’s irritating to hear 100 lbs of solid muscle bouncing around.

But congrats on getting your puppy. I think it’s great for kids to have a dog. i was very attached to my first puppy, I sitll have pictures of him in my little shrine with my grandfather haha.

Doggy day care = hordes of dogs running around in a room full of shit. I guess they seem happy enough.

I think they keep it pretty clean. A room full of dogs running around sounds wonderful.

If investors flee and I lose my job, I’m going to change careers and work in a doggie day care.

Good choice.