Who on the Forum would you meet and why?

you still never told me if youd be interested in kabobs and vodka

Beat me to it.

BTW, I’ve already met Greenie. Good guy, even without the Big Green Egg. Of course, we didn’t talk politics.

I went exploring on the silver line yesterday. Hope you bought real estate in those areas before the metro went through. Seems like stuff is sky rocketing lol

Although there are many insightful and entertaining posters on this site, I’m fine just reading their stuff via my screen as opposed to meeting anyone in person.

If I learned something in life, it’s that internet posters and radio listeners are the most socially ackward people you will ever meet.

I used to run a site that had several thousand members. I was organizing get togethers every week at my sponsor’s establishment (it was a bar). 100-200 people would attend week in and week out. No joke, these were the weirdest people I ever met. It was good for business organizing these events as I would leverage the turnout to other bars in order to get more $$$ to advertise on my site, but to be honest I wasn’t excited meeting any poster for the most part.

My buddy used to host a sports radio show and he copied my formula. He would organize get togethers with the listeners every week at his sponsor to watch a sporting event. As I had experience with this kind of environment, he would invite me to help him out. He was promoting my site free of charge on his radio show, so I felt a moral obligation to attend when he asked me too. The radio listeners weren’t any more normal.

These people made your weirdest friend look cool and hip.

That being said, if you put a gun to my head and asked me that I had to pick one poster, it would be Frankie S. Arabia. There’s a certain mystery about a guy living in a 300 sq foot condo using candles as lighting while reading 10k reports and having the Kardashians in the background.

Schwartz, some pretty good smoked meat. I recommended it to Igor when he gets to town.

CFAvsMBA – Because he’s the man (no homo).

BChad – Because I like academic chops backed with practical knowledge.

S2000 – The only other person to bring us closer to the quantitative authority of Wilmott forums.

FT – To see if he speaks in blunt single sentences in real life.

1BSM – Because I need someone that gets 90’s hip hop references instantly.

I met CPK123 in person back in 2012 at Creighton LIII Boot Camp. Decent guy, but much different from what I had imagined/pictured he would be like compared to his forum persona.

No disrespect to anyone, but I also would not meet anyone off the internet though I expect many of the posters here are probably normal and socially acceptable.

i’ve met some forumers back in 2006. It was fun.

Damn, no one named me

I’d like to meet the OP, CvM because he helped me when I was learning 3-statment modeling on my own. Offered up one of his models and even gave me good feedback on one I made. Respect.

I don’t believe anyone with less than 1,000 AF pts was named (besides Rahul, but that’s because he’s nuts).

I would like to meet JDV

Actually, I was named, but I can understand your confusion. Each of my posts is so packed with quality and insight, they easily count for 4-5 posts from the average forum member.

I’d meet up with cvm or numi. I’m getting back into corp dev, and it would be fun to pick their brains.

I’d be up for listening to JDV present. I’d even go to the annual CFA dinner if JDV presented.

I’d love to go party with daj and ass_man. I’m not sure I could keep up though.

LOl…

I have nearly 2000 AF points FT…

However i have almost retired from AF now.

I thought someone promised no water cooler anymo

^He said he’ll only appear when his name is mentioned, not unlike Bloody Mary, The Candyman, or Beetlejuice.

edupristine to see if it is a robot or actually alive.

Former Trader because I admire his honesty on how men think.

weakness. how my cred has fallen. i need some grills.