World Video Game Hall of Fame

You spent 500 hours playing budokai? Oh god.

My list without any particular order

• Metal Gear Series(All of them basically)
  • GTA (The original console versions not those stupid handheld console spin offs)
  • Red dead redemeption
  • Hitman(all exceot the last one)
  • God of War

These are what I call games.

so you’re a sociopath?

I think there’s a difference between your personal favorites and the all-time greats.

I, for one, really like Final Fantasy Tactics, but I doubt that it will ever make it to the HOF. Certainly not before some of the other FF games do. I also like the Dragon Warrior games, but they don’t have nearly the acclaim that Final Fantasy does (at least not in the US).

Then you have the whole “series” problem. EG - What’s the best Mario Kart game? Personally, I like the Wii version, but others say that Mario Kart 64 was the best one of its time. Can you vote multiple Mario Kart games into the HoF?

@MLA There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

Contra ftw

And mike Tysons punchout

^Contra was a great one,I dont know if it was available in the US with this name or not but streets of rage was a good one

haha nahhh. when its a game for groups, i juss played it socially. never owned the game, but i played budokai, tekken and soul caliber with sum friends at their house cuz i lives kinda far from my hs. we also did super smash but dat was college. lotta shit talking if u can imagine, shit spread to rl crap. and ended friendships. lol

alrighty then Patty.

And Pro Wrestling (for the NES. The one with Starman and King Slender, etc.)

A winner is you!

And since we’re talking NES, I thought I’d tell you what IGN says are the top games of all time for the NES (which is, IMO, the best console of all time):

1. Super Mario 3
  2. Legend of Zelda
  3. Super Mario Bros.
  4. Mega Man 2
  5. Castlevania III
  6. Metroid
  7. Mike Tyson’s Punch-out!!!
  8. Dragon Warrior
  9. Bionic Commando
  10. Duck Tales
  11. Final Fantasy
  12. Contra
  13. RC Pro-Am
  14. Excitebike
  15. River City Ransom
  16. Mega Man 3
  17. Ninja Gaiden
  18. Super Mario 2
  19. Castlevania
  20. Kid Icarus

Even though Dragon Warrior is one of my all-time faves, I’m surprised it beat DW 4 and Final Fantasy.

And Super Mario 2 sucked

BIONIC COMMANDO! Agreed! Just amazing.

Also, Castlevania and Mega Man 3 were the bomb.

sm3 was amazing. excitebike? fun, but too simple

How have we not mentioned:

^ Was that really a game?

^Absolutely. I still have it ready to go in my man cave. You’re a stock broker that sits in a stupid office all day. You read the paper, make some trades, workout, and try to romance your girlfriend. The object is to make tons of money to buy a big house and a yacht. Then your girlfriend will marry you.

I am not joking. It’s pretty much like real life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Kid

^ i thought everyone got into this business because of this game! i know i’m waiting for the day i get my $600B ($1.15T in today’s dollars) inheritance.

_ Wall Street Kid _ is a video game released by SOFEL for the NES. It was originally released in Japan as _ The Money Game II: Kabutochou no Kiseki _ (ザ・マネーゲームII「兜町の奇跡」?, “The Money Game 2: The Miracle of Kabutochou”), which was the sequel to The Money Game.

The story line from the two versions are different but the layout and the scheme of the office are almost exactly the same. Only cosmetic changes were made to make it relevant with the North American audiences. Both of these games expect the player to exercise his avatar and go out on dates.

The player must prove himself worthy by taking $500,000 in seed money in order to gain a six-hundred-billion-dollar inheritance from the extremely wealthy Benedict family. Successfully investing it in the American stock market results in rewards like going shopping on the weekend and being able to acquire expensive items such as a house. The player is also encouraged to spoil his girlfriend. The game terminates if the player is unable to raise the money needed for a key item such as a boat or the house, causing the stockbroker to be disowned by the family.

^ definately the most realistic game mentioned so far

FF7 should be up there.

Makes me sad I never actually beat the game. All I had to do was to beat Sephiroth but I wanted to fight Ruby and Sapphire first. I couldn’t breed a golden Chocobo so I never finished the game.