World Video Game Hall of Fame

I suppose FF7 goes down as the “best” FF of all time, but FF6 is still my favorite. (The one with Terra, Kefka, and the Espers.)

+1

The second inductees were just announced. The class of 2016:

GTA III

The Legend of Zelda

The Oregon Trail

The Sims

Sonic the Hedgehog

Space Invaders

Edit: Still no love for Wall Street Kid

^Personally, I’m more of a “Galaga” fan than “Space Invaders”.

Halo; CE must be there. a true classic

Solid choices for 2016.

I recently bought the Master Chief edition for the XboxOne (mainly so I could curb-stomp BS, but he’s never on…but I digress) and played through CE again. It really holds up well. Awesome game. And the multiplayer is fun too. I never got to play CE multiplayer the first time around.

Unfortunately, the matchmaking sucks abs. I’m not sure how Xbox Studios could release a game that’s so flawed…Bungie did it perfectly over a decade ago.

I see what you did there.

Yep, it holds up perfectly 15 years later (hard to believe it has been 15 years)

Something is inherently wrong with the world when there is a hall of fame for video games but none for AF.

^ take that to the Feedback Forum

Civilization was a finalist but lost to these duds? Unbelievable.

I already did, twice.

Seriosly? WoW over EQ? Doom over Wolfestein 3D?

That was when I discovered GameFAQs and needed someone else’s guide to help me do all that s***. I spent all summer in my room racing chocobos and leveling characters and materia up so I could beat the weapons. Needless to say, I got a lot of action that summer… from Tifa’s dolphin blows.

:frowning:

I was a little too young for Doom… but Quake and Half-Life (+TFC, Counterstrike, etc.) were like life altering games once I got my first cable modem. Doubt they’ll get their shake, although Tomb Raider was a finalist…

I love the mega mans on Nintendo. The first 3 Marios were so different from each other. Remember that movie about that kid that was good at video games and played in a Nintendo competition? They would play teenage mutant ninja turtles and the final game was Mario 3. I was super excited to get Mario 3 after that. That ninja turtles game on NES was tough.

So many 4am nights in my teenage years wasted defusing the bomb on de_Aztec or rescuing the hostages on cs_office… I was a really good player at one time. Kind of sad looking back on it. The life of an introvert I guess.

my parents couldnt afford the new generation systems so i was always a year or two behind

the good thing about that is that games were mad cheap

+1. I remember that movie and calling Bullsh|t when the kid (and other finalists) never saw the game before, but he somehow knew the secret stuff and just dominated everyone. I wanted to punch Fred Savage for that.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/sega-mega-drive-classic-game-console-with-80-built-in-games-revealed-865423

my fav console is making a come back,kinda