Commute times

It is well known that shorter commute times are associated with higher quality of life. So how long is yours?

10 minutes by car, 1 traffic light, no traffic jams.

5 minutes, 3 lights. Moving closer in a couple of months.

15 minute subway ride and 5 minute walk

55 min door-door

25 minute walk

15 minute subway ride, plus 10 minute walk or bus.

I walk downstairs to the first floor of my penthouse duplex apartment and log on. Kisses, CT

Less than 1 block walk. Before this it was a 3 block walk for a year. Then briefly a 10 minute bus ride for about 3 months. Back in Philadelphia I had a 1 block walk. I love it, wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s worth every penny to completely remove the frustration of a commute from 250 days a year, not to mention the extra time to sleep or do whatever.

40 minutes on a good day, an hour or more on a more typical day, when there is a ton of construction/traffic.

Around an hour or more. Driving from MD to VA has been ridiculous…I can’t wait to move to VA next month… I totally agree with Dude_CFA’s statement, “It is well known that shorter commute times are associated with higher quality of life.”

1h 10mins or so

45min door to door; i work in middtown …30 min of which is train ride ( i actually enjoy the chance to read )…

20-25 minutes door to door

3 miles, 5 mins Go home for lunch quite often.

When I lived with my ex in New Jersey, the commute was 45 minutes without traffic. When there was traffic, 90 minutes was not uncommon. Often there was traffic both coming and going. 3 hours a day stuck in traffic. A large number of our disagreements/fights were substantially aggravated by our frustration with traffic (and sometimes waiting hours for someone regularly stuck in traffic), even if they weren’t specifically caused by them, and the 3 hours a day stuck in traffic took time away from our ability to solve our issues. Yes, short commute is a key factor in quality of life. Recently, I have a 30 minute subway ride, though increasingly my commute involves going from one side of the apartment to the other. Subway rides aren’t as bad as car rides, though, because you can often read on them. Cars tend to be less cramped though.

20-25 minutes, used to have a 45 minute commute and its amazing how of a difference that 20 minutes makes

10-15 minutes.

15-20 minutes by car. Rarely hit traffic.

1 hour