Commute times

45 DTD

35 min in the morning 45 min - 1 hour going home I used to have a shorter commute of about 20 minutes, but I hated the job. So I don’t really mind the longer commute since my overall quality of life has improved.

For me, it’s <20 minutes in the morning but 35-40 minutes going home. 25 minutes is about the maximum time before road rage sets in. I live in an area with many old people. So unfortunately, I am the guy who drives very aggressively around other cars and makes the old people shake their heads.

Best decision I’ve ever made was to move into the city from the burbs and sell my car. Wasn’t good for my liver, though.

1h50 door to door in the morning and in the evening, so 3h40 of daily commute. If you add that to the fact that I absolutely hate my job, you can imagine what my quality of life is like.

^ is that why your user name is what it is?

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Best decision I’ve ever made was to move into the > city from the burbs and sell my car. > > Wasn’t good for my liver, though. This is basically my goal right now, but every good job opportunity I find is always in the suburbs.

20-25min door-to-desk.

0 minutes most days* (when I go into the office it’s 45-60mins door to desk) *I work from home when I don’t have face to face presentations/meetings, etc

15 minutes by car. I’ll work until I’m 75 if it means I’ll never have to spend more than 30 minutes in traffic each day.

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is basically my goal right now, but every > good job opportunity I find is always in the > suburbs. Your discount factor for non-urban work locations is not high enough! (Kidding, it’s a tough job market out there.)

Today, the BBC published a good article on this subject: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15207973

BearishOnLife Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1h50 door to door in the morning and in the > evening, so 3h40 of daily commute. > > If you add that to the fact that I absolutely hate > my job, you can imagine what my quality of life is > like. And i thought my commute is the longest

50 mins - If I drive fast - Lots of stress on why person in car ahead of me not driving fast 1 hr 10 min - If I dont drive fast - stress of wasting 20 mins

1hr30 in the morning - given when i need to be in and train schedule travel time in the morning is significantly higher. 50m - 1hr going back. dont mind it too much during study times. great time to crunch through a bunch of flashcards

About 30 minutes. While there are definite advantages to a short commute but I must admit that I like the 30 minute commute home. It seems to be about the perfect amount of decompression time for me.

While I enjoy my short 10 minutes in the car, I do miss a good train ride. Lived in London for four years and got in a couple hours of solid reading time each day on the train. The Economist is a perfect train commuting read.

last job (smaller city) was 8 minute walk now in toronto, total commute 50 minutes (hoping to move further into the city in a few months)

I wonder how long it will take before we find an efficient way to have everyone work from home without affecting productivity. Technology better than videoconferencing and the such.

15-20 minutes, maybe 25-30 in the winter with snowy roads. A short commute is a big deal for my quality of life.