Acting/Modeling experience perceived negatively or positively?

This is something I have been thinking about for a while. I have a little bit of paid acting/modeling under my belt ( worked for an agency for a while). Should I mention it in the future and embrace it, or would it be viewed negatively?

Pros:

Makes me seem well rounded/ artistic

Gives additional job experience

something unique to remember me by

HR chicks might want to know if im hot and call me into an interview

Cons:

Might make me seem arrogant/weird/trying to brag

Not related at all to finance

people might not trust me because they think I am a good actor and would be good at fooling them.

Nothing worse than the girls on instagram that all claim to be some sort of lame model and people might perceive me to be like that.

Definitely the acting part. I was an extra in a movie and that always comes up during the interview. We end up spending 3-5 minutes talking about it.

would include, but be very subtle about it. don’t put anything fancy or fluff it up. let it come up naturally

I would add the acting possibly, but definitely not the modeling. That’s just my $0.02 though.

yeah, at one of my big 4 dinners it actually accidentally came up and they all loved it. In fact, one of the managers took me over to the partner to tell them about it

i was thinking about just putting it on my resume without much fluff at all. Just something really simple

thanks. Will keep it in mind for sure

Only hand modeling is valued in this industry.

In interviews when they ask about your modelling skills you can talk about your extensive experience.

were you a model for animal crackers?

If you’re an attractive person, that obviously helps.

If you can act, that helps, particularly if you’re in sales and don’t mind exaggerating the benefits of whatever you’re selling. But projecting confidence is valued a lot. Half the people I’ve seen don’t really know what they’re doing, and if they can’t act like they do, then the company looks bad.

It’s of dubious value on a resume, except perhaps in the hobbies/other info section, just because it might make for interesting 3-5 minute interview chit-chat, as FT said.

It’s unlikely to make much of a difference in getting an interview, however.

That said, one reason I did some stand-up comedy for a while was the idea that it might make my resume more attractive. Even if I wasn’t a perfect fit for a job, perhaps someone would enjoy chatting with me for a bit to lighten their mood. I never really got the chance to test the theory though.

Le Tigre is my favorite. It’s got a lighter feel, more suited to spring. I’ll bet it does great in Asia.

I’ve done some straight to the inernet amatuer work. It was a bit dark in the room, and you can’t tell for sure if it’s my face, but I always let the interviewer know about it. Especially if it’s a woman. You want to let them know what’s up right away.

hahahaha

Classic Seinfeld episode.

I would be curious to find out if it works. I believe it would be risky. Humor is subjective. If you’re a great candidate and the interviewer concludes the meeting by asking you to say a joke and he ends up finding your joke unfunny, it can be a deal killer in the “fit” and “personality” categories. On the other hand, if you’re having a terrible interview, I doubt that a good joke would be enough to turn things around. So it’s a no win situation.

Acting might be an interesting prospect to include on the resume. It definetly entails decent soft skills. But modeling is a vain stint to include in a professional resume for a finance related job. Not to mention, there is a big closet homosexual stereotype associated with modeling (no offence to gays), and it’s mostly true. The modeling industry is run by homosexual designers who usually require services for your promotion. So I’d avoid that.

Wont matter cuz the employer will probably not read that far. I have been to many interviews where the interviewer did not even recoginze that I am CFA candidate let alone what my extraculrricular activities are.

go figure.