Which race makes more $$$?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-01/asian-men-win-the-hourly-earnings-race-in-america

congrats Itera & Ohai

“Men in the U.S. earn more than women. Whites earn more than blacks. But guess who comes out ahead when median hourly earnings are broken down by sex, race, and ethnicity? Asian men.”

Exactly mirrors avg IQ scores for these groups, not a coincidence.

These stats are probably true. But it’s worth noting 2 things One, in the US, the Asian population is far smaller than white. The concentrated asian population is more highly educated (college etc) and make more money more on average, but it’s probably more of a function that there are a lot of white people who don’t work hard or give a damn that is dragging the white average down. Two, if you looked beyond average, and looked at say the top 1%. I bet whites beat asians. I look across finance and corporate America in general. And a vast majority at the top of the ladders ate still very white.

There’s white and then there’s VERY white.

I hope to acheive such a shade (or lack of) of skin color in my time! Indoors I shall remain! mauahah

I’d say the latter part of what you’re saying has to do with Asians being a relatively new demographic (in sizeable numbers) to the US and now not facing extreme forms or racism as in the past.

That all said, it should be noted that part of the discrepancy could be due to that Asian immigrants tend to be harder working and aspire for more when compared with Asians as a whole. Also, one could also deduce that with Asians fairly concentrated in large coastal cities, this might also help explain their relative outperformance (exposed to greater opportunities, culture, etc…). Interestingly though as we get down to 3rd or 4th generation, it seems Asians and other immigrants tend to fall in-line with work habits of the general US populace.

^

Black belts been reading a lot of Amy chua

Really “Asian” is too broad – NE Asia and SE Asia are totally different things, and then there’s India or whatever.

My expectation would be that NE Asia would smoke everyone (income, but also net worth). It’s genetic and cultural. After being assimilated though, no more cultural advantage.

When you select immigrants, you’re only taking the most qualified (generally… Some refugees and what not filter in too). I’m not surprised to see this in a country like the US or Canada where you need to be pretty smart to even get in. You don’t get to select the locally born.

^ But the non-immigrants, the people who stayed in Asia, have the same genetic and cultural advantage; they are just plain smarter and harder working.

Here in Canada they are not selecting the best and brightest. Their immigration program is retarded “waitress visa” and “kindergarden teacher visa”, selects low skill people. Their “investment visa” (discontinued) did select for wealthy. Hard to say on average they are selecting above average. Having lived in Asia for years, these Asians in Canada seem very “B-Team”.

^ Funny how their genetically superior ability resulted in much lower GDP per capita and near zero innovation. But keep at it.

^ Funny how high GDP and high innovation resulted in unhappy metabolic syndrome freaks. But keep at it!

Do you actually have any evidence that one race has more intellectual horsepower than the other or are you just making arguments based on anecdotal evidence ?It may be true that you don’t see any super duper black scientist from either Africa or the U.S .However, I am inclined to believe that a shit culture many of these races have could also be a major contribution to the argument.

Do you actually have any evidence that one race has more intellectual horsepower than the other or are you just making arguments based on anecdotal evidence ?It may be true that you don’t see any super duper black scientist from either Africa or the U.S .However, I am inclined to believe that a shit culture many of these races have could also be a major contribution to the argument.

Not sure what that has to be with being an apparently smarter and harder working race. Other than having a population half starving to death only a couple decades ago because they lacked the ability for basic industrialization.

Sure, but we’ve already talked about it a million times around here (do a search).

Migration paths out of Africa differ, so the environments the homo sapiens are living in differ, animals adapt to their environment, drivers like increased meat consumption and harsher environments go to work on the Northerners, cranial capacity diverges by latitude, which correlates with IQ scores. The evidence goes on and on. It’s a very clear pattern, disproved by nothing. Selective-science North Americans like BChad like to desperately explain away these things since it is uncomfortable. I just stick to the facts, and the most probable answer.

Of course, everyone always says that.

PA - How do we know that the intelligence for the group isn’t distorted by selective coupling, or what you noted as the Flynn effect? Some societies haven’t developed the processes to increase the intelligence of their top 10% of people, so I suspect they’d score pretty poorly.

I’m curious to know whether you’d rate societies that adopted agriculture later as more or less intelligent than those who took to agricultural/sedentary lifestyle early?

^ That probably gets pretty complicated, and also I’m not sure I understand the question(s)!

Also someone will nuke this thread if we get too much into science. :wink:

Compare the salary/job status of 'Fresh off the Boat" Indians. You will be totally surprized. Thanks to the US H1B visa system. Please note that these people came to US either on student visa (F1) or work visa (H1B).

Examples -

1. Microsoft CEO - Satya Nadela

2. Google CEO - Sundar Pichai

3. CEO of Mastercard - Ajay Banga

4. CEO of Husky Energy - Asim Ghosh

5. CEO of Adobe System - Shantanu Narayan

6. CEO of Pepsi - Indra Nooyi

7. CEO of Nokia - Rajeev Suri

8. CEO (former) of Citibank - Victor Menezes

9. CEO of Cognizant - Francisco D’Souza

10. CEO of Global Foundries - Sanjay Jha

11. Sun Microsystem Cofounder - Vinod Khosla

12. Economist Nobel Prize Winner - Professor @ Harvard - Amartya Sen

13. Chemistry Nobel Prize Winner - V. Ramakrishnan

14. Dean of Harvard Colleges- Rakesh Khurana

15. Dean of Harvard Business School - Nitin Nohria

This list can be very long but i will limit here unless one is interested.

Thanks

Phil

In the Pew Research link below, please do check point # 4. There is a comparison of Indians with rest of the Asians in terms of salary etc.

www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/09/30/5-facts-about-indian-americans/

Thanks

Phil

Upper echelons in North America are still very white, like WASPy white not just plain white. Nothing surprising there though.

Canada definitely has too many Irkels on the team, thats why our wins-low.

Every race has really smart people - it usually comes down to culture/upbringing and opportunities.