job

Well, the moment I said I was going to move out of the city for another job, my drinking buddy who makes bank said he would back me to stay.

im really interested in other oppty but this does give me options…

Be your own man.

Like I’m pretty hammered, I’m starting tomorrow

Dude I’m so hammered

Dude you are not more hammered than I am

But for how long ACE?

had to go through HR today. I guess I’ll stay unless other company offers much higher.

Well, I guess this proves networking is everything.

Monday: Verbal offer at bar

Tuesday: Formal interviews, drug test

Wed/Thur/Fri: Follow up to clear HR

Monday: Choice of one of 2 offices, hired

Isn’t drug testing finance types counterproductive? Or is it used to verify the potential hire’s experiential claims?

Networking is everything. Good for you ACE!

BTW, if your buddy offers you a job as caretaker of the Overlook Hotel, don’t take it.

As this story shows, never underestimate the importance of a good reach around, you know what I’m saying.

so you got a job as a bartender at TGI Fridays?

I wonder what kind of job this is with a drug test? I thought that was something employers did to poor people and those who operate heavy machinery

Most jobs I have encountered that have a W2 ask to test Its an analytics position for a small but expanding company with $300mm in yearly revenues. I stopped smoking the reefer because of all this testing. Not cool. I thought this was the land of the free, home of the brave.

I’ve never been tested or heard it come up in my social circle. Weird

it could just be the industry … almost every single app I apply to for corporate finance has a box you have to check to be tested my last job I checked the box but was never tested - this time I was so you can freely smoke the green? you’re lucky brah

Every I bank does drug testing . Am I missing something?

I don’t smoke. But perhaps that’s why I don’t recall anyone mentioning it. It wouldn’t come up in conversations I have. Guess I’ve personally avoided it