how many hours you work?

Looking to go into M&A FIG at a bulge bracket

What sort of hours to be expected here? Start time & finish time during normal and peak times?

My current gig is pretty relaxed on hours but low pay.

I know some of the big banks have tried to introduce initiatives to stop junior analysts working so much…from what Ive heard they’ve made no real difference…ensure you have 1 day off a month…1 less hour a week…

7:30AM to 8PM on normal days. Potentially much later if there is something to do.

Subject: How many hours do you work?

Content: How many hours will I work?

c’mon brah

wow brah I’m 9-7 mon - fri now

you make me feel better about my life

i think ohai was joking

For IBD? Those hours seem about right. Some places are better than others, but they’re generally around there.

M&A can be significantly heavier than that.

I have a 35 hours workweek, which is probably the lowest on AF, but my pay is probably the lowest also…

I work 25 to 30 hours a week outside of earnings season. But I actually enjoy being productive, so the free time is killing my spirit. I’ve been doing project work for others to pass the time

People I know in IBD start around 9 and peter out around 11+. Sometimes it’s work, sometimes it’s facetime, home time is still after 11pm. You might be in for a big culture shock.

I work in this field, and it’s super light in headcount so I have to do everything for a project including post investment backoffice duties.

I think the hours can be long during DD, however, it is not unmanageable since you can likely see the end of the tunnel. It is when you have worked for some time and your portfolio gets bigger and bigger and all the deadlines pile up at the same time, and there is some turnover within your company or you are not getting sufficient support from your contractors that makes it very difficult and stressful…

NANA

God I love working on the other side of the table. I work for an oil and gas company and I generally work 8am-4pm, give or take 30 mins. I might move that a bit to 9-5 to match many of the other people in the office, but we’ll see, I have traffic/commute considerations to deal with. They need me after hours they have my cell phone number.

6:30-5 erryday. Except Fridays. 1 pm market close west coast time, gotta catch some waves.

With that change you mentioned, it’s still 70 hours a week. That means 9am-11pm per workday on average.

Be realistic, that role will be a major culture shock to you.

As for me, 60 hours a week is fairly normal although lately it’s been better.

About 10 hrs a week for me. I try not to push myself too hard.

6 to 1:30 pm pst. Im not M&A though, i think those guys work minimum 60 hrs.

wth are these timings bros? can you even concentrate for so long?

im in at like 9, hardcore till 10:30 then its breakky till 11

11-12:30 hardcore again and then lunch till 1:30

1:30-2:30 is like im sleepy after lunch so just surfing ytube or skimming learning material

2:30-4 hardcore

4-5 winddown / chat with colleagues

5 outta that joint

friday 4 pm is when the drinks start rollin

how much are these 60-70 hr dudes making anyway?

It’s pretty much consistently 12 hours a day (sometimes longer sometimes shorter, but if it’s shorter, i work weekends), so yes, i would say minimum 60 hours as well!