GMAT average 720 2nd tier school

Hello folks

A.pleasure to be surrounded by some badass people regarding Finance, Economics and broaden sciences. I am turning 29 and with few experience in finance( just analyst role) . I have planning to take a Master in Finance to broaden my chances to get into banking ( portfolio Analyst, asset management, etc roles)

I have speaking to the admission of SSE(stockholm school of economist) the school mostly meet my expectancies . During the conversation with admission they told me Average Gmat is 720. And they cares quite a lot of GMAT.

And here is my doubts:

1. Is not too much for a European Master program?

2. Do it worth undergoing such pain" to try to get a similar mark for a 2nd tier school?

Ps: the programme is 2year msc.

Thank you in advance Folks.

Sounds hacksaw, any top 25 US program would be better.

Yes, which finance company is based in Sweden? For that entry requirement, you’re better off going to UK or somewhere with an actual banking industry. What are you going to do in this program for 2 years anyway? That seems pretty long and probably expensive.

Thanks guys for hearing u.

The tuiton fee are free for EU citizenship

They say: first year of normal lectures , summer internship ( Nomura, Ikea, Nordea Bank, and many other Financial institutions or you can do an exchange to some US School( I believe Duke)

Its said many alumni land in London after the programme in those companies. They just select 90 out of 2000 candidates…

Yeah probably.

If I had the chance ($) I would try The US.

One of the things make me do not try US ( apart from the financial issue) is the real chances to stay in there for some time( 2/4 years) after finishing the program…

I believe its not easy…

It is?

No offense, but probably difficult with your level of written English.

No offense my friend.

Maybe my english is a bit rusty, but believe me I have read in websites like this native people writing like completely fools that hadn’t never been in a school.

I am happy to be able to make myself understood in a language that isn’t my mother tongue whereas many other people barely cannot speak properly theirs.

Cheers dude

This program has 2000 students in a class?

Don’t worry op, and don’t mind it…English is not a measure of intelligence, and will never be…

My advice: A 720 GMAT score can land you a good US school or Top schools in England and other parts of Europe (Note: top schools)…don’t study for gmat, get such a good score and then apply for a lower ranked school…go for the top 30 in the world…you will get one…

Thank you. It helps indeed.

Hi Ohai

Probably I get confused using the sentence 90 out of 2000…

I agree with Chizi. Shoot for a top-20 school with that kind of score. I think one of the reasons this school’s GMAT is so high is that tuition is free. It could also be that their job placement is strong, but I don’t know.

HiCCFAblackbelt

Thanks for your point of view.

Probably that’s the reason they ask for so high mark.

So, do you recommend me to try reaching those mark and if I did, apply for other top 20 school?

I find it quite logical, however financing is an issue to me. Any top 20 US school should be like about 100k I guess, what is three times the budget I have seated for this studies.

Now If would have an scholarship, that would be a different picture…

Totally agree about the fools - fortunately English is easy to pick up with some immersion. I am sure I cannot work in Spanish!

As for the US, I believe the costs are min 100k for locals, international fees tend to be higher. I would budget for close to 150k, min. I think the question is do you plan to work in US long term? If not surely there are better European schools to attend?

hmm i don’t know man…Switzerland is home to UBS and Credit Suisse. If the said school is highly ranked in Switzerland, you could probably land a job at either of those banks.

If you want to work else where in the world, it wouldn’t help you as much as you’d hope. 720 GMAT will land you a solid MBA program in the US…

I’m curious to see how US business schools are received in EU. Maybe some surprises there.

No prob. Mate.

I would love to live in there. Here in Spain everybody tend to diminish your chances to do everything, success is not well accepted as a result many people feel jealous if they realise you’re doing better than the average. There is not bigger companies such as Wallmart, Microsoft or Amazon, for instance, as a result there is not many Billionaires so that people are not used to’ live among luxury or wealth.

I like that in the States whatever you’re willing to do, probably someone has done something similar before, so that people will not try to change your mind in order to forgetting your ideas. Here, average people makes like three or maximum 4 times the minimum wage by law, whereas I believe in The States the average could be like five or six times that amount.

Obviously there some point or matters that I do not share with Americans, however that’s story out of topic.

My main concerns of trying to apply to Bsc in The States are:

1. The financing issue( here 150k is the paycheck that could take average people 5 years to make, at least.

2. I wouldn’t like to make such effort, without having some " guarantee " that I would find a job( sponsor) for staying in there at least like 5 years after the master…

Hi

I do not clearly understand your concerns.

Here, people strongly agree that if you want to take your career to next level you have to go to the States or at least to land in London. However now with brexit maybe things will change a little.

The two biggest problems to land in the States are: the $$$ and also the bureaucracy.

People in Europe don’t see Business school like in there. I mean whereas you see a huge investment here we just see further your knowledge or maybe increasing a little your odds to land in a better" place, but never like you.

Here no one hope to make like three times more he used to do, after a master or MBA,

Europe= welfare state

Us = wild capitalism state.

There’s no guarantee in life mate, if you don’t want the risk of being unemployed after graduation in the US just stay where you are. If you have more ambition might as well take some risks while you are young.

the free one seems pretty good, only cost 2 years