Python trainings in the Internet

Hi All,

What would you find as the best effective way to get started in Python? Would you be able to recommend any online trainings, courses, workshop to learn programming in Python from scratch?

Thank you, KK

dammit rahul

Not sure offhand, but I think there’s some good beginner team oriented free coursework out there you’d be interested in if you google around for “Amateur Ebony Python Tag Team Compilation”.

Thank. For some reason, that phrase gives me best result while at work. Thank again.

This is what I’m using.

https://automatetheboringstuff.com/

Image result for snake training gif

haha thanks Black Swan, already downloaded entire course.

thanks thanatos. I will try to go with Udemy/ CodersLab courses firstly.

learned that the best way is to enroll at your local uni or community college for the basics. After you have built solid understanding of basics, you can go on your own.

Learned R in school but you can do everything R can do in Python but not vice versa. I’ve been learning Python for past year and it’s been fun and productive. If you’re in NYC, there are tons of Python classes in the evening hours and not surprisingly roughly half are finance dudes fearing for the automation to take over.

I’m using Python Crash Course.

It has been really fucking boring working thru the book for an hour or so each night. I am excited once I have enough basic knowledge to work on small projects and then eventually start using it for my job and data analysis. Just, learning the syntax has been brutal so far. I started using codeacademy but would strongly advise against that because you do it in the browser and not in a real command prompt where you can test stuff and experiment.

Thanks a lot. The situation is getting more serious as I was invited for a job interview in the second half of June in London where they will be testing my programming skills in Python^^. They wrote the basic skills. What could it be? The role is titled a data analyst.

i found the codeacademy course helpful

also check out the coursera python course with dr chuck

Let me know how you get on with this if you don’t mind. I’d like to follow your footsteps - starting next week…

lol

In seriousness, I think you framed your question incorrectly. Python is just a language to get the job done if you are new to programming (which I assume you are based on the type of question you asked), learning the language itself is not that important, dealing with the various algorithms and structures would be the challenging part. Anyhow, I think given the job you are looking for your best bet is to visit Kaggle.com and try to use the tutorials and hopefully data sets they have available to train yourself. Most Codeacademy type of python courses out there is geared towards people doing web development and trying to write back-end applications which is nothing near what you want. Feel free to pm me if you have further questions.

Learned a lot from searching this. Good resource

Thanks Sam!

Good for you elcolhon ;-). Practise makes perfect.

Practice makes permanent…not perfect

I can agree to some extent but such sentence lacks something (maybe a habit). Have you read Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell? This book shows how practice can make people almost perfect :wink:

very entertaining and well written book.

He does say that yes, 10,000 hours seems to be the magic number in becoming really good but it is also very important to do it in the correct method with clear goals and strategy. So, if you shoot from the hips and follow gangster movie style for 10,000 hours, you ain’t gonna be challenging green beret infantrymen in a target shooting contest anytime soon…However, you’ll look super comfortable and actually shoot really well compared to other hip holster shooters. But the world ain’t about hip shooters :slight_smile:

Udemy