Equity Research Update

Have you noticed any significant development in Equity Research lately? Would you still recommend someone this as a career? 

bump

Dying business. 

"When what I'm doing isn't working, that's when I'll take your criticisms." -- Me, some time ago

Destroyer of Worlds wrote:

Dying business. 

Can’t be. I’m a member of several equity investing groups on facebook and almost all of the members are beating the market left and right with a shoestring budget.   

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

You’re a member of the Beardstown Ladies?  

82 > 87
Simple math.

Pays well. But may not last 

Which equity investing groups on fb? Let us in <_<

pizza1995 wrote:

Which equity investing groups on fb? Let us in <_<

Not sure about fb but wallstreetbets brah

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

All da way to da MU uuuuunnnn

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Good career relative to what?

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

ohai wrote:

Good career relative to what?

Plumbing.  Answer is always no.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

I guess plumbing is the gold standard. Tech people have started comparing themselves with plumbers too !

Seems like folks at BB will be the only ones with job security while everyone else will be fighting for the leftovers. 

StreetFighter wrote:

Seems like folks at BB will be the only ones with job security while everyone else will be fighting for the leftovers. 

I’m not so sure that is true. It’s a biased sample, but in my sector the investors we spoke to said BB weren’t as good as some of the smaller firms and research only shops that focus on the sector 

StreetFighter wrote:

huh? if anything folks at BB - sell side analysts - are the leftovers….the buyside folks will still get paid well and do well.  As a whole, the pie is shrinking though.

Be yourself. The world worships the original.