Can I say I passed it on the 1st try?

Hi there, I got CFA level 1 last Dec. Before, I had registered L1 for the exam last June but I didn’t sit down in the test site on the last June exam because I didn’t study at all. So, my question is : Can I say I passed CFA L1 on the 1st try in this case? Thanks.

Do you have a job? If you sent me your resume and it said that, I would probably throw it away. Before I throw it away I will be tempted to post it on here.

Flux Capacitor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you have a job? > > If you sent me your resume and it said that, I > would probably throw it away. Before I throw it > away I will be tempted to post it on here. Yea, but what if it also showed >70% in all sections?

Here me now my asian brother, Miss Cleo sees the better question is are you a complete tool for putting that you passed on the first try, and does any body give a shit. My crystal ball says yesssssss…

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Flux Capacitor Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Do you have a job? > > > > If you sent me your resume and it said that, I > > would probably throw it away. Before I throw > it > > away I will be tempted to post it on here. > > Yea, but what if it also showed >70% in all > sections? No kidding? The dumb is strong with douchetards who put that drivel on their resume… AUTOMATIC DING!

Well, he didn’t actually say that he was going to put it on his resume, which we all agree would not be a wise action.

Flux Capacitor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LPoulin133 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Flux Capacitor Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Do you have a job? > > > > > > If you sent me your resume and it said that, > I > > > would probably throw it away. Before I throw > > it > > > away I will be tempted to post it on here. > > > > Yea, but what if it also showed >70% in all > > sections? > > > > > No kidding? The dumb is strong with douchetards > who put that drivel on their resume… AUTOMATIC > DING! What if in addition to >70% on all section the candidate would also mention he left 2hr earlier on both sections?

MissCleo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here me now my asian brother, Miss Cleo sees the > better question is are you a complete tool for > putting that you passed on the first try, and does > any body give a shit. My crystal ball says > yesssssss… HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAA

I think you should put this: “Changed batteries in BAII PLUS (with CFA approved screwdriver) in under 30 seconds” Signed, Ghana CFA candidate patiently waiting results

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Flux Capacitor Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > LPoulin133 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Flux Capacitor Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > Do you have a job? > > > > > > > > If you sent me your resume and it said > that, > > I > > > > would probably throw it away. Before I > throw > > > it > > > > away I will be tempted to post it on here. > > > > > > Yea, but what if it also showed >70% in all > > > sections? > > > > > > > > > > No kidding? The dumb is strong with > douchetards > > who put that drivel on their resume… > AUTOMATIC > > DING! > > What if in addition to >70% on all section the > candidate would also mention he left 2hr earlier > on both sections? I think it’s one of those things that if you take it far enough, it just might work - I like that idea. He’d also have to disclose that he completed the exam without changing his mind on any question - he never touched his eraser.

I heard he didn’t even bring an eraser, and bagged one of the proctors (she was a 5, but after the 2 pt bump for being a proctor and having a CFAI badge she was an easy 7).

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Flux Capacitor Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > LPoulin133 Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > Flux Capacitor Wrote: > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > ----- > > > > > Do you have a job? > > > > > > > > > > If you sent me your resume and it said > > that, > > > I > > > > > would probably throw it away. Before I > > throw > > > > it > > > > > away I will be tempted to post it on > here. > > > > > > > > Yea, but what if it also showed >70% in all > > > > sections? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > No kidding? The dumb is strong with > > douchetards > > > who put that drivel on their resume… > > AUTOMATIC > > > DING! > > > > What if in addition to >70% on all section the > > candidate would also mention he left 2hr > earlier > > on both sections? > > I think it’s one of those things that if you take > it far enough, it just might work - I like that > idea. > > He’d also have to disclose that he completed the > exam without changing his mind on any question - > he never touched his eraser. I still feel he will be unconvincing until i see the statement that candidate didn’t use the calculator

toshibo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can I say I passed CFA L1 on the 1st try Yes, You “Can”! Impossible is nothing. In fact, you “can” fart on their face if they aren’t impressed by your mind boggling feat in CFA!

no no~ Of course, I never think I try to write it on resume. The reason I asked is that I have just learnt no show doesn’t affect pass rate, so i just wondered no show might not be regarded as ‘try’.

I think as a technical matter the CFAI considers you to have passed it only on the third try in that case; I think that’s intended as a disincentive for people to register and then not show up. I can’t point you to a source but I’m sure if you spend a few hours scouring the CFAI web site and bylaws, etc. you will find it.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard he didn’t even bring an eraser, and bagged > one of the proctors (she was a 5, but after the 2 > pt bump for being a proctor and having a CFAI > badge she was an easy 7). HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Seriously, I think you can say that you passed it on the first try. But passing L1 on the first try is not really impressive.

Technically they’re not proctors, they’re invigilators.

invigorating proctors?

I sat next to a girl last December when I took Level 1 who was still a senior in undergrad, interviewing in her 3rd or so round at Goldman for IB (at least she said she was) who got up after 1 1/2 hour on the morning session. I figured she wasn’t coming back… but she did. I asked her if she thought the morning session was tough and she responded pretty genuinely that she thought it was a breeze. Same deal in the afternoon, 1 1/2 hour and done. I’ve always wondered if she actually passed and if she was telling the truth about her job opportunities.

Nitz25 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I sat next to a girl last December when I took > Level 1 who was still a senior in undergrad, > interviewing in her 3rd or so round at Goldman for > IB (at least she said she was) who got up after 1 > 1/2 hour on the morning session. I figured she > wasn’t coming back… but she did. I asked her if > she thought the morning session was tough and she > responded pretty genuinely that she thought it was > a breeze. Same deal in the afternoon, 1 1/2 hour > and done. I’ve always wondered if she actually > passed and if she was telling the truth about her > job opportunities. Yes or no question, was she asian?